Lake County 2014

lakecounty1968

Guest hevyrevy1611

lol..been working.I saw a post a while back about having 20 to 25 players.I had a couple people tell me thet thought we only have about 14.surely we have more than that.But it only takes 11 to spank Dresden

y'all just might. Especially if our team of 50+ looks over there and sees few in number and with proud arrogance our larger squad assumes "we got this" and underestimates LC. I seen it more than once, a small Gideons Band of warriors put it to the many. But... in this case.. NOT! hehe.. Lions will feast on falcon meat Friday. We gonna have a mess cleaning up all those falcon feathers after scrimmage game. :D

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

y'all just might. Especially if our team of 50+ looks over there and sees few in number and with proud arrogance our larger squad assumes "we got this" and underestimates LC. I seen it more than once, a small Gideons Band of warriors put it to the many. But... in this case.. NOT! hehe.. Lions will feast on falcon meat Friday. We gonna have a mess cleaning up all those falcon feathers after scrimmage game. :D

Think you may be in for a big surprise.I was planning on going but not sure.Work wants me to stay over 4 hours tomorrow and Friday.Lake Co 68 should be able to give a true evaluation

Guest hevyrevy1611

Think you may be in for a big surprise.I was planning on going but not sure.Work wants me to stay over 4 hours tomorrow and Friday.Lake Co 68 should be able to give a true evaluation

:( I know you hate it having to work. But everyone understands for sure. Yet.. :) Working may be less stressful for you too, because after all these years of no games, and then seeing our Lions enjoy Falcon stew and filling their bellies, yum yum, that will indeed be tough for the LC nation. Hehe. At least I hope that's what happens! This Lion fan here has eaten crow many times before, reckon I will have to Friday as well? :)

:( I know you hate it having to work. But everyone understands for sure. Yet.. :) Working may be less stressful for you too, because after all these years of no games, and then seeing our Lions enjoy Falcon stew and filling their bellies, yum yum, that will indeed be tough for the LC nation. Hehe. At least I hope that's what happens! This Lion fan here has eaten crow many times before, reckon I will have to Friday as well? :)

Been Reading some predictions about the Lions Maybe going 7 and 3 or 6 and 4.Talked to Coach Sharp and I thaought he told me Dresden was picked around number 5 or somewhere close to that in the preseason poll.Surprised that a number 5 preseason team would be thinking of going 6 and 4 by some.I actualy hope they are indeed the number 5 team then when Lc with just a handful of players spanks that tail, may open some eyes.Or even if they just play tough and close.

Guest hevyrevy1611

Been Reading some predictions about the Lions Maybe going 7 and 3 or 6 and 4.Talked to Coach Sharp and I thaought he told me Dresden was picked around number 5 or somewhere close to that in the preseason poll.Surprised that a number 5 preseason team would be thinking of going 6 and 4 by some.I actualy hope they are indeed the number 5 team then when Lc with just a handful of players spanks that tail, may open some eyes.Or even if they just play tough and close.

they are ranked #5 in preseason. But the freshman phenom QB we had (which no doubt helped us get that #5 rank), he moved into Memphis, so we'll see if we can fill the holes left by those now gone for whatever reason. Our senior QB may surprise many! Methinks we will do fine though, especially as season progresses. You'll see, we got plenty of guys on team, tons for 1A, but... can they play ball? .. only one way to find out, right? Turn 'em loose! LC is no pushover for sure no matter how many players on team! Will be good test for both teams!

Guest hevyrevy1611

Saw the scrimmage, one word for LC.. IMPRESSIVE! no lie, gotta give credit where it is due... y'all got some studs, warrior hearted players, and though the score was 38-20 Dresden (I think that right), it does not reflect the game I saw. Great game LC.. really, and I hope your guys stay healthy (man them are some tough guys you got!), both sides had some dinged up, hurt players in this hard-hitting game. Very good game. Excellent effort Falcons.. and there were folk there from Westview, Crockett County, Union City, and Obion that I know of and talked to. They saw two good teams which both should make playoffs. Perfect? Nope! Neither team, and work needs done for sure, that's what scrimmages are for to see that stuff.. but much respect for sure! No back down at all in LC! Impressed! :)

Saw the scrimmage, one word for LC.. IMPRESSIVE! no lie, gotta give credit where it is due... y'all got some studs, warrior hearted players, and though the score was 38-20 Dresden (I think that right), it does not reflect the game I saw. Great game LC.. really, and I hope your guys stay healthy (man them are some tough guys you got!), both sides had some dinged up, hurt players in this hard-hitting game. Very good game. Excellent effort Falcons.. and there were folk there from Westview, Crockett County, Union City, and Obion that I know of and talked to. They saw two good teams which both should make playoffs. Perfect? Nope! Neither team, and work needs done for sure, that's what scrimmages are for to see that stuff.. but much respect for sure! No back down at all in LC! Impressed! :)

Thanks for post.Glagat least we hopefully wont be a pushover.Maybe we will get some. More players once school starts and who knows in a real game with first downs, maybe turnovers etc, never know what may happen.Hopefully we will both make the playoffs.Most have UC as the team to beat. And I think many havE Humbolt, Trenton as the next two so hopefully we have a chance to play them a tough game and finish pretty high..Thanks for the update

Guest hevyrevy1611

Falcons scrimmage Martin Westview next Tuesday in Martin. This will be a good test for the falcons as they prepare for the season. Numbers are slowly increasing. The falcons are now up to 24 players. Hopefully LC will add a few more when school starts.

tues. the 12th? Where? At the school, or stadium, or jr.high field? Time? May go if able to. Edited by hevyrevy1611