GOOD LUCK POWELL HIGH SCHOOL

bigbaddude

Just saw where u guys hired John Allen...good luck to ya....I hope u like 3 yards and a cloud of dust up there in K-Town.   he will throw when its 3rd and 10 ....after the same 3 run plays fail to gain yardage because of the 9 defenders in the box. if you played football in the 80's this will be a dream for you.......if you played in the past 5 yrs this will be like watching paint dry  

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know about this hire, but i will say you cant judge by his record. We need to look at the place he came from...did he build them up & make them better than they were when he arrived. I feel that is a much better indicator than looking at overall record. If he took over a struggling program he could have easily went 1-19 in first 2 years before getting it turned around & obviously that will make your record look bad. I have no idea what he has done Im just using an example.

I dont know about this hire, but i will say you cant judge by his record. We need to look at the place he came from...did he build them up & make them better than they were when he arrived. I feel that is a much better indicator than looking at overall record. If he took over a struggling program he could have easily went 1-19 in first 2 years before getting it turned around & obviously that will make your record look bad. I have no idea what he has done Im just using an example.

True

They went 5-6 last year losing in the first round of the Playoffs 34-0.  So the other 5 wins came in the first 2 seasons.........

To me that sounds like he made a lot of improvements by year 3. Possibly good at rebuilding. The good news for Powell is there isn't a lot of building that needs to be done.

Considering some of the local talent that applied for the job I am surprised they went out of the system. Not sure how wing t will be accepted at Powell. Players and fans like to open it up. Be interested to see how this works out. Second suspect hire at Powell in the last two years. Understand another major hire will be made in athletics at Powe in the next few months. Community may need to take a long hard look at AD. Just saying.