State Duals Predictions

Bump11

In the many years of viewing the state tournament, i have encountered many rude, disrespectful, ungrateful, and selfish Soddy wrestlers. Now im not saying they are all like that but your not gonna sit there and tell me that they are all perfect. And last years ordeal proves it even more. Those Soddy wrestlers were not sent home last year because they were caught, they were sent home because the cops were called. Word actually got around per other teams in the same hotel, that he was not going to send them home at all until the cops were involved. He cared more about winning than disciplining his kids the correct way. I for one am glad they were sent home and you can say Central beat a weakened Soddy team, well in my opinion those sent home clearly didnt care about the team. WC beat the team that wanted to be there. They beat the Soddy wrestlers that cared about wrestling and cared about their team.

So, back to the original subject.. I dislike Soddy because how i have personally witnessed their kids act at tournaments off the mat

In the many years of viewing the state tournament, i have encountered many rude, disrespectful, ungrateful, and selfish Soddy wrestlers. Now im not saying they are all like that but your not gonna sit there and tell me that they are all perfect. And last years ordeal proves it even more. Those Soddy wrestlers were not sent home last year because they were caught, they were sent home because the cops were called. Word actually got around per other teams in the same hotel, that he was not going to send them home at all until the cops were involved. He cared more about winning than disciplining his kids the correct way. I for one am glad they were sent home and you can say Central beat a weakened Soddy team, well in my opinion those sent home clearly didnt care about the team. WC beat the team that wanted to be there. They beat the Soddy wrestlers that cared about wrestling and cared about their team.

So, back to the original subject.. I dislike Soddy because how i have personally witnessed their kids act at tournaments off the mat

Good Luck to your team. I hope the Trojans wrestle like their capable and earn what they have worked so hard to get. The Henry's

No need in holding a grudge against minors for something that happened in the past that did not directly effect you. I'm sure even you were a teenager once and made mistakes. Its an unnecessary attempt to further tarnish the credibility of a program. I'm sure those involved learned from their mistakes. Don't take away from the excitement of this year's competition by dragging up negativity from the past that has no bearing on the present.

With that being said, those were totally different WC and SD teams last year and this year's teams will be able to settle in on Saturday.

No need in holding a grudge against minors for something that happened in the past that did not directly effect you. I'm sure even you were a teenager once and made mistakes. Its an unnecessary attempt to further tarnish the credibility of a program. I'm sure those involved learned from their mistakes. Don't take away from the excitement of this year's competition by dragging up negativity from the past that has no bearing on the present.

With that being said, those were totally different WC and SD teams last year and this year's teams will be able to settle in on Saturday.

Well said Mr. West

Well I wasn't going to respond but here goes.....I was wondering what school you support or follow or even go too?  I am going to bet whichever it is there has been a teenager(s) that have fell short of your high standards.  I'll even bet that you yourself have made a mistake or two in your lifetime.  I bet that not every wrestler on "your" team are choir boys.  I bet that there may even be a wrestler or two on "your" team that doesn't fit in with the rest of the team.  Our sport is so diverse that we have white and black, rich and poor, good and not so good, big and small, smart and not so smart I think you get what I'm saying.  I don't think you know the Soddy Daisy wrestling program. Soddy is a very well respected program.  It starts with Steve Henry.  Coach Henry has been the face of that program for many years and is still involved. The current coach Jim Higgins is cut from the same mold as Coach Henry.  I seriously doubt he would put winning before doing the right thing.  I'm not saying they didn't have  wrestlers do things they shouldn't have but for you to trash the whole Soddy program because of those mistakes is just wrong. So I am not saying all Soddy wrestlers are perfect but I asking which team Is?

I only go back so far.

But in my day (no, I didn't walk to school six miles uphill both ways)......but in my day.....

there was district, region, state.  We didn't care for those Tea sippers from Overton, or those plow boys from Antioch.  We talked bad about them that week and that weekend.  The top four in each weight class advanced to Region III the next weekend.

Then it happened.

Suddenly we were cheering on all those Plow Boys and Tea Sippers as we battled the other districts in the Region III tournament.  Suddenly those guys from Clarksville, MBA, Franklin were our enemies to the death.  Top four in each weight class advance to Chattanooga and the State Tournament.

Once again, SHA ZAM. 

We all practiced together in preparation for the State so now it was Nashville versus Chattanooga, Memphis and Knoxville.  It was pretty incredible to see sworn enemies for the past two weeks gel together and literally have huge cheering sections at McClelland.  You didn't know the kid, only he was from Nashville and that nasty Chattanooga kid had to be dirt.  Or the Memphis kid, or Knoxville kid.  Didn't matter, he was one of ours and deserved our support.

Life was more easily defined then.

Now when Clint Abbott started, East TN was still part of the Carolina Territory.....but I'll let Clint tell that one......

• Upvote 1