Game Changer

UncleC

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is the DII "wrestle in" region tournament. the latest and greatest idea from the TSSAA.  It's not on this years calender and seems to not be on next years either.  this should be called the make believe or pretend tournament.  Maybe the stick it to them tournament, or cash flow tournament.  Come on if the TSSAA doesn't take in seriously how can anyone else.

It looks like there are no restrictions except during the two week dead period. It also appears the first competition date was moved up a week. Personally, I'd like to see the 18 dates go to 20 and the travel restrictions removed.

It does seem like progress is being made for the future of wrestling in Tennessee. I would expect a lot more participation in national events beginning this year as well as better prepared wrestlers.

In regards to the scrimmage rule how will this effect any duals after the season and during the summer...summer duals?

I don't see it on the schedule so it looks like there is no region duals or individual region tournament for D2. Will every team and every wrestler will be a state qualifier?[/quote

There will be two regions. One in Chattanooga and one in Memphis

Yes, agree.  This years DII region is not on the calender either but we are having it.

If the TSSAA truly elected not to have a D2 dual & individual tournament that would be a great thing.  The D2 schools could have their own tournaments and keep all of the money.  The "COW PALACE" already looks empty for most of the tournament & I can only imagine what it would look like with no D2 fans. 

If the TSSAA truly elected not to have a D2 dual & individual tournament that would be a great thing.  The D2 schools could have their own tournaments and keep all of the money.  The "COW PALACE" already looks empty for most of the tournament & I can only imagine what it would look like with no D2 fans. 

Schools would still have to give TSSAA a portion of the gate if they hosted, I believe its 18%.

The state championship should be moved back to UTC, or maybe even MTSU since its more centrally located geographically speaking. Why not allow a college wrestling school to host the event? It would help the sport in so many ways as well as the college program.

"The Dead Period, which is to be observed by all schools, is the week of the 4th of July and the preceding week – 14 days"

"Dead Period ................................................Jun. 21 – July 4, 2015"

So dead period this year begins on Saturday and ends on Friday.  That is not the week of 4th of July and the preceding week.

Just sayin.....

"The Dead Period, which is to be observed by all schools, is the week of the 4th of July and the preceding week – 14 days"

"Dead Period ................................................Jun. 21 – July 4, 2015"

So dead period this year begins on Saturday and ends on Friday.  That is not the week of 4th of July and the preceding week.

Just sayin.....

Its the week of the 4th and the week preceding or before the week of the 4th for a total of 2 weeks. What are you sayin?

Edited by rlwest40