Warren County 2014!

Pioneersports

Read today's Southern Standard sports section. Simmons finally said what has been known all along and yes it's known as the Dibrell Mafia along with another school board member formerly known as the t shirt man that's doing all the back door sports politics

. Volfan1986, you obviously have never been in a management position or you would know that just because a bunch of parents don't like a coach or any employee for that matter is not adequate grounds for letting someone go. Years ago, I had to make those unpleasant decisions. In today's society, there has to be significant grounds for letting any employee go, evaluations, etc or you will open yourself up to a lawsuit. Those are personnel decisions, with the records being closed to the public and cannot be divulged in the local newspaper. People can assume all they want. There may be other issues involved; if all the reasons were splattered in the media, coaches' children and families may be hurt in the process. The safety of the students my be involved. And by saying this, I am not saying the above reasons were the causes of any of the latest departures. We will probably never know, but to make blanket assumptions about parents, the administrations, and school board members from the outside looking in is wrong. You obviously have a grudge to grind against certain folks. Instead of spending your time on here trying to start rumors, why don't you get involved and run for school board, etc. Elections are coming up soon.

N o

No grudge against anybody, just want the truth to finally be told about things. Is it even legal to be a school board member, assistant coach, booster club president and sell the workout gear and t shirts to the team all at the same time. Then once the principal gets a ruling passed that says anyone that is a principal, school board member etc. cannot be on the coaching staff (which he voted for not realizing it would apply to himself) gets upset and all of a sudden the principal and nearly every coach has either resigned (yeah right) or been terminated. Your right he has no kids left playing at the high school level just doesn't want to give up some power.

Jealousy can be the root of all evil or Coach Lee didn't play your kid!!! Yep, you got it bad.

right now, they are maxing and if they went out for spring practice today, including the ones in spring sports the numbers would be about 91.  The freshmen are working out on Fridays and their numbers have been consistenly between 45 - 50.  I am sure that those numbers will diminish some before spring ball because they always do.  The kids are working very hard and have really bought into the workouts so far.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

Now that Coach Smith has got a few months in and a spring practice what iis the assessment of Warren County at the moment ? How are the kids reacting to the new coach and staff ? Are things promising for the future of Warren County Football ? I believe Coach Smith will be a great fit at Warren County!