Warren County 2014!

Pioneersports

All the talk and excitement from the players and everyone else in the community is a great thing. You are always going to have those type of things when a new coach is hired. The question is can they do enough on the field this year to make it last? From all indications Coach Smith appears to be a very good coach, and he may very well be the man to turn things around for WC. I do not think it will be a easy task for him that he can get done overnight. One would think it will take a few seasons for him to get the job done considering how WC has been for the longest time. It is my opinion WC will be in for a long year this season. My question is, if he only manages to win 4-5 games his first two seasons what happens then? The excitement would surely be gone. Will people will lose faith and start to turn on him?

Edited by DCTIGERFAN

If he wins 4-5 games in each of his first 2 seasons that would be monumental.  They should name the stadium after him.  The greatest thing about this job is that the only way to go is up.  The next thing is that they play in a traditionally weak district (compared to most middle Tennessee districts).  Therefore, I would say that a good coach could make a huge difference in wins and losses immediately.  

Smith applied for this position 4 times over the last decade.  He does not plan on going anywhere anytime soon.  It will be both a huge challenge and a huge opportunity  First official day on the job is Monday, February 10th.  As far as support, the players, the coaches, the parents, the administration, the school board and the superintendent have all been in one 100% from the beginning.  It will not be easy and it will not be overnight but everyone is commitied to working hard and seeing it through

Smith applied for this position 4 times over the last decade. He does not plan on going anywhere anytime soon. It will be both a huge challenge and a huge opportunity First official day on the job is Monday, February 10th. As far as support, the players, the coaches, the parents, the administration, the school board and the superintendent have all been in one 100% from the beginning. It will not be easy and it will not be overnight but everyone is commitied to working hard and seeing it through

Volsrock, I think coach smith is a good coach and enjoyed watching his teams at MC and think he can win some games at WC but in the few years I have been in the area I have seen the support there one day and gone the next here in WC. I wish him the best of luck this year.

Edited by Footballfan27

Why would anyone think this would be different then past coaches. What has happened at WC will continue until the cows come home. It never changes. Coach Smith gave a great speech and now everyone knows what he said to me and all others about daddy ball applies to those daddies he didn't talk to before that meeting. Look at what the people in this county are trying to do to the new basketball coach. The guy is working hard and people who kids aren't playing are doing everything they can to get him fired after 20 games. I have listened to this for years. I think coach Smith is good hire as said before but you can't change people overnight. Daddy ball will continue as soon as certain sons aren't playing. Just give it time

Why would anyone think this would be different then past coaches. What has happened at WC will continue until the cows come home. It never changes. Coach Smith gave a great speech and now everyone knows what he said to me and all others about daddy ball applies to those daddies he didn't talk to before that meeting. Look at what the people in this county are trying to do to the new basketball coach. The guy is working hard and people who kids aren't playing are doing everything they can to get him fired after 20 games. I have listened to this for years. I think coach Smith is good hire as said before but you can't change people overnight. Daddy ball will continue as soon as certain sons aren't playing. Just give it time

Touche