Obion Central vs Martin Westview Round 2 Battle for #1 Seed

1988UT

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chipper, Liberty is in 15AA now. They wont make it past the first round of regionals if they dont get a home game. Thursday's game against Ripley is HUGE for them. And yes, Westview and Obion have to get favorable matchups in regionals

If you know Liberty's background at all, then never count them out. That's just like people saying Bolivar is having a bad down year this year, well district tournament time is almost here and I'm sure they will be playing their best basketball when it counts as will Liberty. All I'm saying is don't count anyone out just yet.

If you know Liberty's background at all, then never count them out. That's just like people saying Bolivar is having a bad down year this year, well district tournament time is almost here and I'm sure they will be playing their best basketball when it counts as will Liberty. All I'm saying is don't count anyone out just yet.

Liberty is not in the regionals with Obion and Martin this year.Their regionals will be in Memphis this year. No one is counting them out,but they got a tough region with the Memphis teams.

O.C. has the players to win if they had a coach to know how to use them..They big and physical and have a few good shooters. They just need to play with confidence. .I think they better than Bolivar and Martin Westview but it seems that Kail don't go to the post enough and relies on the 3 ball to much..I don't get it...I think coach Kails. record is 100 / 120 in his career at OC..thats just not very. good..Thats not even 500.

13AA is down big time on the boys side this year. Westview is a year or two away from being very good. As down as Bolivar is, I still think they're capable of beating either of the two. It'll be a good game, no doubt, but I'm not sure I would count Bolivar completely out of it either.

I agree with you about Westview. They have come a long way from the beginning of the season to the end but they have a TON of talent in their sophomore class and have a good upcoming class that will be freshmen next year. This team will be a team to beat next year and especially the next.

BTW GCPioneer, Coach Kevin McMillan's oldest son will be a freshman at Westview next year. He scored 31 points in their middle school game the other night against Paris Inman. The kid can shoot the lights out!

I agree with you about Westview. They have come a long way from the beginning of the season to the end but they have a TON of talent in their sophomore class and have a good upcoming class that will be freshmen next year. This team will be a team to beat next year and especially the next.

BTW GCPioneer, Coach Kevin McMillan's oldest son will be a freshman at Westview next year. He scored 31 points in their middle school game the other night against Paris Inman. The kid can shoot the lights out!

Yea, the tall kid that's a sophomore is going to be tough for teams to defend against over the next 2 years. Not sure on his name, but he is long, can shoot it, can post up... it's going to be a matchup nightmare for teams over the next 2 years.

And yea, I meant to go watch Matt play a game this year but never got around to it. I've heard he's the real deal. It'll be fun to watch him succeed in his high school career. Between him and the sophomore kid, the next few years could be some of the best Westview teams I've seen in awhile....