Teams to beat 2014

kev35

Dobyns Bennett has some strong senior leadership, they struggled hitting in the cold weather scrimmage schedule but since they have said play ball the Indians have been teeing it up once the young arms can help the seniors on the mound this team lead by Gentry, Marshall, salyers and bailey are a good bet to make another run at the state tournament.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dobyns Bennett has some strong senior leadership, they struggled hitting in the cold weather scrimmage schedule but since they have said play ball the Indians have been teeing it up once the young arms can help the seniors on the mound this team lead by Gentry, Marshall, salyers and bailey are a good bet to make another run at the state tournament.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just my opinion but I believe Dobyns Bennet & Cookeville are the two weakest teams in the AAA state tourney field. I think both will be 2 & done. Neither team played a very tough schedule & therefore they have a gaudy record.

Was able to watch Christian Brothers last week and they didn't appear to have a weak link. Every player seemed to have good size and looked to be strong athletes. In the DH they had 2 pitchers touch 90+ with good movement and control. Their hitters knew how to square the ball up and the whole team looked to be able to drive the ball out of the park. The Ray kid looked great both on the mound and at the plate. I understand that they lost 2 games in the region tournament but they looked very strong on Friday. I have watched probably 20 HS games this season and CBHS is by far the best team that I have seen in Tennessee.

Edited by cbg

Was able to watch Christian Brothers last week and they didn't appear to have a weak link. Every player seemed to have good size and looked to be strong athletes. In the DH they had 2 pitchers touch 90+ with good movement and control. Their hitters knew how to square the ball up and the whole team looked to be able to drive the ball out of the park. The Ray kid looked great both on the mound and at the plate. I understand that they lost 2 games in the region tournament but they looked very strong on Friday. I have watched probably 20 HS games this season and CBHS is by far the best team that I have seen in Tennessee.

Anyone can beat anyone during a regular season tournament especially when tough district games are coming up early the next week. DB really doesn't have any tough district games so it changes things. Teams like Houston & others in the state tourney can't throw the top of their rotation when they have to play Germantown, Dyer Co & others the following day. DB is a respectable team and this is not meant to slight them in anyway. These are the best 8 teams in the state & nobody is a slouch, by any means. However, DB can pitch a top person on the weekend and still beat David Crockett, Daniel Boone, Tn High & Sullivan (pick a direction). The only competition in that district is Science Hill & they were really down this year.

The fact is it's baseball and anyone can beat anyone on any given day. I wish all team good luck and look forward to seeing a lot of good games down here & a lot of tremendous talent.

That's good maybe we can sneak up on somebody....but it won't be Houston since Db beat them earlier this year. See u there!