Teams to beat 2014

kev35

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 3rdParty

Fayetteville beat alabama 6A power house Bob jones in a scrimmage. Heard the Yates kids threw 6 and 2/3 of shut out ball. The catcher dropped 2 bombs to left field. Chapel hill beat Columbia central 5-4 In a 10 inning scrimmage

My bad let me slow it down for you..gets all you guys (private schools) in one group (division) so you can go up and down all you want (DI, DII) If you were that good why didn't you go up instead of down (to AAA instead of down to A)...must have had a bad year recruiting. 

Let me speak slow for you...My school has neither went up or down in years...if you are talking about Goodpasture there are plenty of teams that can beat them this year in Single A just have to do it on the field...I've stated many many many times, did I say many, that I've been on both sides of the Public/Private school thing and mostly on the Public side of it and I have NEVER NEVER NEVER, did I say NEVER, use it as an excuse...I hate excuses and the easiest for people is that others recruit including public schools recruit or the town is so much bigger than ours and it just gets old...In all due respect if you're making excuses your probably not good enough to win it anyway!!

Let me speak slow for you...My school has neither went up or down in years...if you are talking about Goodpasture there are plenty of teams that can beat them this year in Single A just have to do it on the field...I've stated many many many times, did I say many, that I've been on both sides of the Public/Private school thing and mostly on the Public side of it and I have NEVER NEVER NEVER, did I say NEVER, use it as an excuse...I hate excuses and the easiest for people is that others recruit including public schools recruit or the town is so much bigger than ours and it just gets old...In all due respect if you're making excuses your probably not good enough to win it anyway!!

Why does it have to be labeled as an "excuse" when it's an issue of level playing field or not? Nobody in their right mind could honestly debate that the average public school has the same opportunities as the average private. Some of the posters rant too much about it, I'll give you that much...it's within the current TSSAA guidelines for privates to play in the public division, therefore I try to just live with it and not grumble too much (it's not like the privates are getting away with breaking the rules), but still "legal" by the TSSAA's  rules doesn't constitute "fair play" in my book. I'm on the other (right, by my standards) side of this argument and yes, it does get old debating the issue over and over...it also gets pretty redundant hearing that one certain private doesn't have this or that advantage, when in fact the decision lies totally within that school's administration of just how far (how much money) that they will go in order to secure an advantage and keep it. With all due respect, you guys are beating the same dead horse as those who keep the pot stirred, they just have a legitimate quarrel.

15A had two teams at state last season, and both lost hardly anyone from the roster...in order to return this year both will have to compete with a private school (in the finals in DII last season) who's board of directors chose to return to DI after actively recruiting players for the last four years. Do you think that those recruits will play this year? Does that sound fair to you?

You guys just need to sit back and enjoy the advantages that TSSAA has provided for you until something changes or be prepared to defend an argument with no merit...the more that you portray the "why what advantage, we don't have an advantage" wide eyed innocent, the more protest you'll hear.

Why does it have to be labeled as an "excuse" when it's an issue of level playing field or not? Nobody in their right mind could honestly debate that the average public school has the same opportunities as the average private. Some of the posters rant too much about it, I'll give you that much...it's within the current TSSAA guidelines for privates to play in the public division, therefore I try to just live with it and not grumble too much (it's not like the privates are getting away with breaking the rules), but still "legal" by the TSSAA's  rules doesn't constitute "fair play" in my book. I'm on the other (right, by my standards) side of this argument and yes, it does get old debating the issue over and over...it also gets pretty redundant hearing that one certain private doesn't have this or that advantage, when in fact the decision lies totally within that school's administration of just how far (how much money) that they will go in order to secure an advantage and keep it. With all due respect, you guys are beating the same dead horse as those who keep the pot stirred, they just have a legitimate quarrel.

15A had two teams at state last season, and both lost hardly anyone from the roster...in order to return this year both will have to compete with a private school (in the finals in DII last season) who's board of directors chose to return to DI after actively recruiting players for the last four years. Do you think that those recruits will play this year? Does that sound fair to you?

You guys just need to sit back and enjoy the advantages that TSSAA has provided for you until something changes or be prepared to defend an argument with no merit...the more that you portray the "why what advantage, we don't have an advantage" wide eyed innocent, the more protest you'll hear.

We don't recruit at our school and so we are at the same disadvantage but we are going to try and field the best team and have the best year we can....sometimes a trophy doesn't signify just what kind of champion you are in life...at least that is how we do it at Boyd Buchanan

We don't recruit at our school and so we are at the same disadvantage but we are going to try and field the best team and have the best year we can....sometimes a trophy doesn't signify just what kind of champion you are in life...at least that is how we do it at Boyd Buchanan

Same old argument that I covered...average public vs. average private is what I stated, then you go "we do this, we don't do that at                " . It's not your school vs. ours, and nobody called out Boyd. We all wish the best for our kids, and if a trophy doesn't signify what kind of champion you are, why try and position yourself to have an advantage over the kids at "my" school to win one? I'm not bashing you or the private school institution, I'm just stating the obvious...separate circumstances, separate opportunities, and subsequently should be separate divisions. Why would it be so horrible to play other schools with exactly the same set of guidelines in the playoffs? It actually bothers me more that people argue so vehemently to deny/maintain that advantage than the fact that there exists one.

Sorry to get off the topic, this has been done over and over and should be on another thread if rehashed.

Edited by tradertwo

Same old argument that I covered...average public vs. average private is what I stated, then you go "we do this, we don't do that at " . It's not your school vs. ours, and nobody called out Boyd. We all wish the best for our kids, and if a trophy doesn't signify what kind of champion you are, why try and position yourself to have an advantage over the kids at "my" school to win one? I'm not bashing you or the private school institution, I'm just stating the obvious...separate circumstances, separate opportunities, and subsequently should be separate divisions. Why would it be so horrible to play other schools with exactly the same set of guidelines in the playoffs? It actually bothers me more that people argue so vehemently to deny/maintain that advantage than the fact that there exists one.

Sorry to get off the topic, this has been done over and over and should be on another thread if rehashed.

I'm for the split as long as they do it fairly

• 2 weeks later...

McNairy Central is loaded at every position. They are 7-8 deep in starting pitching, their catcher is a sophomore who hammers the ball. They will be a very tough out because of the quality of their pitching. These are the same kids who won 2 summer league state championships last summer. I believe it was 18 and under, and 15 and under. Watch these kids in AA