Class AAA State Tournament Picks

MtJBears

Well its only a few weeks away. The State Tournament in Murfreesboro. This year's tournament should be exciting again. There are several outstanding teams in the state this year. Blackman is currently rated #1 in the State and the Nation. However, District 7-AAA is probably the strongiest disrict in the state by far. Blackman, Riverdale, Oakland, and Smyrna. Enough said. Science Hill must have a very good team. They are undefeated and East Tennessee especically around Knoxville is balanced with several oustanding teams.

Here goes. My picks for the State Tournament field.

Science Hill

Maryville

Blackman

Riverdale

Mt. Juliet

Brentwood

Ridgeway

Dyer Co.

Blackman and Riverdale are in the same region with Columbia and they could knock one of them out

Memphis basketball is down this year.

Blackman should be the favorite but their Region is loaded and anything could happen.

• 2 weeks later...

Well its only a few weeks away. The State Tournament in Murfreesboro. This year's tournament should be exciting again. There are several outstanding teams in the state this year. Blackman is currently rated #1 in the State and the Nation. However, District 7-AAA is probably the strongiest disrict in the state by far. Blackman, Riverdale, Oakland, and Smyrna. Enough said. Science Hill must have a very good team. They are undefeated and East Tennessee especically around Knoxville is balanced with several oustanding teams.

Here goes. My picks for the State Tournament field.

Science Hill

Maryville

Blackman

Riverdale

Mt. Juliet

Brentwood

Ridgeway

Dyer Co.

Blackman and Riverdale are in the same region with Columbia and they could knock one of them out

Memphis basketball is down this year.

Blackman should be the favorite but their Region is loaded and anything could happen.

Blackman riverdale and Columbia all in same side of region bracket....

Well the dust has settled and the Districts are history. As usual there were upsets and surprises that can turn the Regionals upside down. Such ks the case in Region 4-AAA where you have 3 of the top 7 teams in the FINAL AP Poll kn the same bracket.

The Riverdale at Columbia game has to be the biggiest game of the night in the state. They played each other back in Dec at Riverdale and Columbia won a nail biter by 2 points. Whoever wins gets probably Blackman in the semifinals. Can't get any tougher than that.

Ofcourse with al these power houses in one bracket opens it up for teams such as Oakland, Shelbyvile, and Smyrna. Don't under estimate Smyrna. They have beaten Shelbyville twice and played Oakland down to the end twice losing close games.

Region 2-AAA in east Tennessee is loaded with outstanding teams. Powell, Bearden, Farragut, Heritage, and Maryville. This is one of the toughiest Regions along with 4-AAA.

Here goes my re-evaluated State Tournament Picks

Science Hill. Still undefeated and winning games by big margins

Farragut. Just missed out making it to State last year losing to SH in Sectionals. Think they make it

Blackman. They will have tough test in Regional semis. I think it will be Riverdale and lookout for

Another down to the wire nail biter.

Bradley Central. Seems to beplaying at top of their game.

They will host Sectional and that gives them. A big advantage.

Mt. Juliet. Lady Bears have considerable size advantage over any team they play. Guard play is key

Nash. Overton. Game in Semis against Brentwood looms ahead. Could go either way.

Ridgeway. Memphis teams don't appear as strong.

Dyer Co. Just a guess. Don't know anything about them except they have a outstanding W/L record

Its all just a guess but its fun. Can't wait till we get to Murphy Center.

I love the guards for Oakland as well. I just think playing on the road will be a big disadvantage.

Bradley has been on a roll and appears to be a team to be reckoned with.

I will say this. There is one team I feel can derail Blackman and that is Riverdale.

Some people forget the first time they played at Blackman all Riverdale had to do to win the game was for Brandy Alley to make one pass to a wide open Davenport standing under the goal in the last few seconds. Give Blackman credit for hanging on. But I am very concerned about Riverdale. I've always heard its hard to beat a good team 3 times. Just ask White County and Clarkrange. Both those teams failed in their attempt to take a 3rd victory from a very good opponent.

• Upvote 1