District 5AAA girls tournament

blitzinbuc

Hard to believe, but McMinn County girls finished second in 5AAA regular season. All 9 of their victories were in the district, which tells me the district isn't that good this year. Bradley is easily the best team, but I don't think they're as good as they were last season.

The tournament will be held at East Hamilton. I don't know how they got to hold the district tournament since this is their first year in 5AAA. I don't like going there, dating back to a few years ago when I went to a 5AA tournament down there and they charged people to park - no donation, it was mandatory to pay to park!!! I think the TSSAA climbed their butts for doing that since it's illegal to do. Anyway, when we were down there Thursday night, they now don't allow outside food or drink to be brought in to their gym - not even a bottled water! As far as I know, no one else has a silly rule like that except East Hamilton. When our basketball team got there prior to the game they brought food to eat they had picked up at a fast food place in Ooltewah, and they made them sit in the lobby on the floor to eat it! Wow - what hospitality!!! When I went to the concession, I can see why they want people to eat there - it's to fleece them. Popcorn was $2.00!!! Just wanted to prepare everyone.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard to believe, but McMinn County girls finished second in 5AAA regular season. All 9 of their victories were in the district, which tells me the district isn't that good this year. Bradley is easily the best team, but I don't think they're as good as they were last season.

The tournament will be held at East Hamilton. I don't know how they got to hold the district tournament since this is their first year in 5AAA. I don't like going there, dating back to a few years ago when I went to a 5AA tournament down there and they charged people to park - no donation, it was mandatory to pay to park!!! I think the TSSAA climbed their butts for doing that since it's illegal to do. Anyway, when we were down there Thursday night, they now don't allow outside food or drink to be brought in to their gym - not even a bottled water! As far as I know, no one else has a silly rule like that except East Hamilton. When our basketball team got there prior to the game they brought food to eat they had picked up at a fast food place in Ooltewah, and they made them sit in the lobby on the floor to eat it! Wow - what hospitality!!! When I went to the concession, I can see why they want people to eat there - it's to fleece them. Popcorn was $2.00!!! Just wanted to prepare everyone.

Well it's settled. I'll listen to games on radio and eat what I like at my house. Maybe grill a chicken or salmon. Thanks buck

The parking fee is a donation to support the baseball team's fund drive to build a field. The school is in it's 5th year and still does not have a field for baseball. It is a donation and you are NOT required to pay. No one can force you to legally pay to park on a tax-supported property unless it is part of the entrance fee to an event. If you don't want to pay you can drive in without doing so.

I've been to both cleveland and bradley and had to pay to park at district tournments but the popcorn was cheaper.

baconbreath: Once again, the signs at East Hamilton state $2.00 parking, with NO mention of it being a donation. The average person assumes they're being charged to park.

I was in the tournament meeting when the director of the meeting said that it was certainly a donation and if you didn't want to pay, you didn't have to. I did not see their signs on either night that I've attended. I think it's great for folks to pay if they choose but it is certainly their choice. Just like at Cleveland, Walker Valley, Bradley Central, etc. You can not be forced to pay a parking fee on government property unless it is part of the admission fee.

baconbreath: Once again, the signs at East Hamilton state $2.00 parking, with NO mention of it being a donation. The average person assumes they're being charged to park.

Well, almost every football game does the same thing. Bradley charges 3.00 to park. It is a donation, but like you said, the average person pays without thinking twice. If they simply had people collecting donations with no amount, it would be better. By giving an exact amount, it makes it seem like they are charging to park.