can weather affect district or region tournaments?

90warrior

Um yes the winter weather can play havoc with district and region tournaments. Many have already been pushed back even before they are scheduled to start. District 15A is still trying to finish its regular season. Will hopefully do so on Monday depending on an expected snow.

What's the over/under on Riverside canceling Monday night if there is a "hint" of precipitation?

What's the over/under on Riverside canceling Monday night if there is a "hint" of precipitation?

I wonder why Riverside would not agree to an earlier start time this past Friday.  Afterall, that is what happened at almost every other game in West Tennessee that night.  Then, why would they not agree to play on Saturday either?  Makes you wonder doesn't it.  If games can't be played Monday, will they try Tuesday or will the season be considered complete?  I wonder if Riveside holds some type of tiebreaker advantage for seeding if the game ends up not being played?  Things that make you go HMMMMM..........................

Come on Riverside fans, let's here your side of the story. 

I wonder why Riverside would not agree to an earlier start time this past Friday. Afterall, that is what happened at almost every other game in West Tennessee that night. Then, why would they not agree to play on Saturday either? Makes you wonder doesn't it. If games can't be played Monday, will they try Tuesday or will the season be considered complete? I wonder if Riveside holds some type of tiebreaker advantage for seeding if the game ends up not being played? Things that make you go HMMMMM..........................

Come on Riverside fans, let's here your side of the story.

Riverside automatically has 3rd place regardless of the outcome Monday. They win the tiebreaker due to beating a higher seed(Adamsville). I think they won't play because they just feel the game doesn't mean anything. I disagree with that logic! HS boys just want to play ball!

It apparantly does not mean anything on the girls side either as from what I can tell, the TCA girls will have to travel to Riverside for a first round district game.  All not playing accomplishes on the boys side is a good chance at an "L" for Riverside heading into the districdt tournament.  On the girls side not playing  gives Riverside the advantage of TCA not getting a look at them before the first round of the district tournament.  And while the TCA girls may not have the best record, they are a very dangerous team right now that is capable of beating anyone.  Not playing the final regular season game also takes away a home date for TCA and costs us money. I know that if the shoe were on the other foot, we would go to thier place and play the game.

ok back on topic. i would like to get someone elses expert opinion on this. because i'm thinking that they can't cancel district or region games no matter what the weather is. i remember back during the blizzard of 93 they still had the girls state tourny even though there was 16 inches of snow on the ground and everyone got stuck where they was at.

ok back on topic. i would like to get someone elses expert opinion on this. because i'm thinking that they can't cancel district or region games no matter what the weather is. i remember back during the blizzard of 93 they still had the girls state tourny even though there was 16 inches of snow on the ground and everyone got stuck where they was at.

Certainly not an "expert" opinion but yes they can and have postponed tournament games. Have already altered schedules here in West Tennessee. You used the word "cancel." A district tournament could be totally cancelled because all the TSSAA requires is that each district advance a Top 4 to the region. I'm sure this would be avoided if at all possible. Regions would be completed with whatever creative scheduling needed (including waiver of two-game a night rule I'm sure) and yes State Tourneys go on no mater what I would think.