Regional tournament 13a vs 14a

87vikingalumni

Well, it will be UC/McKenzie & Humboldt/Dresden in the semi-finals Tuesday at South Fulton. As of late the Vikings haven't been playing well but hopefully they can play a complete game Tuesday night. I'm going with Uc by 12 & Humboldt by 12 if they both come to play but that's why we play the game. A big game Tuesday for a regional championship spot & at least one (1) more sub-state game, so I'm hoping te Vikings get focus and come to play!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well our district managed two wins against 14A. Our top two will play the 14A top two. Dresden wins a nail biter against GC. Times we played really well and times we looked like a peewee team. Can't make the same mistakes against Humboldt or it will be a blowout. Our bigs were the difference GC couldn't do anything with them. If they are as young as they say the future is pretty bright for them. Hit the 3 from anywhere and 21 is automatic.

Haven't heard any of the details about the McKenzie verses Lake County. How did the rebels pull this off?

Pierce and Payton Holt are both sophomores... Mac Hicks is a freshman... Deonte Watson that came off the bench is a sophomore. Also, this Freshman group won the freshman league that was going on earlier in the season. We need to find a legit post presence for next year and we will be just fine.... great season for our guys and I believe the program has taken a turn for the better.

Pierce and Payton Holt are both sophomores... Mac Hicks is a freshman... Deonte Watson that came off the bench is a sophomore. Also, this Freshman group won the freshman league that was going on earlier in the season. We need to find a legit post presence for next year and we will be just fine.... great season for our guys and I believe the program has taken a turn for the better.

You get a post guy and you guys will be scary good. Future bright for sure.

Well, it will be UC/McKenzie & Humboldt/Dresden in the semi-finals Tuesday at South Fulton. As of late the Vikings haven't been playing well but hopefully they can play a complete game Tuesday night. I'm going with Uc by 12 & Humboldt by 12 if they both come to play but that's why we play the game. A big game Tuesday for a regional championship spot & at least one (1) more sub-state game, so I'm hoping te Vikings get focus and come to play!

I'm hoping Humboldt is overlooking my lions and thinking about their state run. I would think Humboldt will have to play bad for us to have much of a chance. But I've seen odder things happen. When we are playing team basketball I think we can play with anyone. When we don't play team ball we really look bad.

Go Lions!!!

I'm hoping Humboldt is overlooking my lions and thinking about their state run. I would think Humboldt will have to play bad for us to have much of a chance. But I've seen odder things happen. When we are playing team basketball I think we can play with anyone. When we don't play team ball we really look bad.

Go Lions!!!

I can assure you the Vikings want be over looking Dresden but we haven't been playing good of late but hopefully we can put together a couple good games to get back to Murfreesboro!! A big game Tuesday night & the Vikings must start strong, Good luck Vikings!!

We owe you guys one for football!!! Although it speaks tons for this side of the state in sports. You guys were #1 in both football and basketball most of both seasons. UC wins football, should win girls basketball and possibly boys basketball. And we are just hanging around waiting for you guys to slip up.

Once again I'll be pulling for whoever represents the west!!

Humboldt is definitely the better team, but as stated, anything can happen. Dresden will need to slow this game wayyyyy down. If Dresdens bigs can play another good game, they will play Humboldt a decent game. If the game is uptempo like last night, Humboldt will run Dresden out of the gym.

I think the Vikings will come to play whether it's a fast pace or Slow pace you got to play defense! I'm waiting for a game were Brown, Bradford & Turner all have a good game but Turner has been off since the LC game! Humboldt needs to stay focus & continue to play team offense/defense!!

No way in hades Dresden can play a up tempo game with Humboldt. I also don't see us being able to play man defense. Zone defense and hope your not hot on the perimeter shooting. I'm thinking our only true shot is slow, ugly game where we try and get you guys in foul trouble while hopeing our bigs have a huge night.

No way in hades Dresden can play a up tempo game with Humboldt. I also don't see us being able to play man defense. Zone defense and hope your not hot on the perimeter shooting. I'm thinking our only true shot is slow, ugly game where we try and get you guys in foul trouble while hopeing our bigs have a huge night.

IMO....the 2 ways you beat humboldt is keep them off the offensive glass and contain turner because Bradford is going to get his...but again that's just my opinion

Edited by wtspfan

IMO....the 2 ways you beat humboldt is keep them off the offensive glass and contain turner because Bradford is going to get his...but again that's just my opinion

You nailed it! Bradford is going to get his points. I think the offensive glass is where Humboldt wins most of their games. I also agree that if you stop Turner that boosts your chance of winning.

You nailed it! Bradford is going to get his points. I think the offensive glass is where Humboldt wins most of their games. I also agree that if you stop Turner that boosts your chance of winning.

It will be interesting to see what D our coach will come up with for Humboldt. I really don't see us being able to guard them in a man D. Hate to say it but I'm excited about seeing Bradford in person. Hope he has a bad game but Im still glad to see this kid.