REGION 5 AA.

NeWbLuE

CPA former 10AA team took a couple of district losses back in 2010. But when you have a core group that have played together since they were 11yrs old and then you add very valuable piece along the way it make hard to complete against them. On top of that your High School coach introduce you to his play book in the fifth grade and coaches for the next four years until you’re eligible to play for him in high school. Best believe if any year this year Mr Maddox coaching skills will be tested.  

And who do you think can test them

I'm a Harpeth fan and dvr their game against Cheatham as I traveled to waverly because I couldn't get to volunteer state in time. Anyway. Harpeth is playing very good right now. Mantlo really has the guys going. They had Cheatham beat just couldn't finish. Harpeth has a really good chance to play Cheatham again in the finals. Lipscomb shouldn't be a problem. Then they actually beat PC earlier in the year. The key to beating Cheatham is getting their point I n foul trouble. If he's not on the court Cheatham has a hard time with pressure. Should be a really good regional tournament. So glad the "big cheating" CPA is not in this region anymore.

Edited by BasketballNutty

I'm a Harpeth fan and dvr their game against Cheatham as I traveled to waverly because I couldn't get to volunteer state in time. Anyway. Harpeth is playing very good right now. Mantlo really has the guys going. They had Cheatham beat just couldn't finish. Harpeth has a really good chance to play Cheatham again in the finals. Lipscomb shouldn't be a problem. Then they actually beat PC earlier in the year. The key to beating Cheatham is getting their point I n foul trouble. If he's not on the court Cheatham has a hard time with pressure. Should be a really good regional tournament. So glad the "big cheating" CPA is not in this region anymore.

Coach Mantlo is doing a great job and really has Harpeth clicking right now. Clayton is a load inside and they have shooters all over the place which creates problems helping in the post. If they get hot from the perimeter they can beat a lot of people. Their defense is very solid as well. Not sure about having Cheatham beat though-last I checked most games are 4 quarters rather than 2. They had a really good 1st half and Cheatham didn't. Ks is right about Darden as he had 2 fouls in the 1st 3 minutes and had to sit for an extended period and then had to play less aggressively all night due to foul trouble. He never seemed to get in a rhythm Tuesday night. Cheatham is not deep at all and staying out of foul trouble will be critical for them going forward even though they have played their way thru it many times this year. There is less margin for error as the competition becomes stiffer and the pressure increases and fouls are one thing that could bite them. That being said, Saunders and Harlan took the game over against Harpeth in the 2nd half and simply refused to lose-senior leadership at its finest. Having faced some adversity should help the Cubs chances of advancing as they haven't been tested like that very much this year.  Good luck to the Indians as well as Heritage and Sycamore tomorrow. I would love to see a 4th game between Harpeth and the Cubs next week!

First Round Results:

Cheatham County beat MLK by 3.

Pearl-Cohn beat White House-Heritage by 34.

East Nashville beat Sycamore by 29.

Harpeth beat Lipscomb by 14.

Region 5-AA Semifinals Are Set:

Cheatham County vs Pearl-Cohn

East Nashville vs Harpeth

Tennessean says that Harpeth won.  All 1's and 2's advance.  I think Cheatham Co. wins out.  I am so proud of the Heritage Patriots.  Although the score doesn't show it, they were in the game, only down by about 5 at the half.  Once again a slow start following halftime doomed them.  I am so freakin' proud of Ryan Sizemore.  He played his heart out and finished his final high school game with 24 points.  Way to go son, Dad is proud of you and will always cherish the memories I have watching you grow up and become a terrific ball player.

About as expected. East Nashville and Pearl thump outmatched opponents. Harpeth takes care of Lipscomb. Only surprise was Cheatham's close margin over MLK. That doesn't bode well for Cheatham. They better pick it up if they want to get out of the region (against Pearl), to say nothing of handling East Nashville (assuming they take care of Harpeth). 

The Cubs were coming off of an emotional high against a county rival.  They got knocked down to earth tonight but escaped (as good teams do).  They'll be very focused against Pearl-Cohn.  Harpeth and East Nashville will be a very exciting game too! 

In Region 6 I saw that CPA, Creek Wood, Waverly, and Cascade were all winners.  CPA plays Creek Wood and Cascade plays Waverly in the 6-AA semifinals.