REGION 5 AA.

NeWbLuE

The Cubs were coming off of an emotional high against a county rival.  They got knocked down to earth tonight but escaped (as good teams do).  They'll be very focused against Pearl-Cohn.  Harpeth and East Nashville will be a very exciting game too! 

In Region 6 I saw that CPA, Creek Wood, Waverly, and Cascade were all winners.  CPA plays Creek Wood and Cascade plays Waverly in the 6-AA semifinals. 

let me help you LBD loser of our region final is going to CPA don't need to watch to know that.

Really looking forward to Tuesday night over at Maplewood. Cheatham-Pearl and East-Harpeth should be a couple of really good games with high stakes. Cheatham survived a bit of a scare from MLK last night even though they led from start to finish. Hats off to Coach Shelton and that group of young men because they played their hearts out and if not for some heroics from Jake Saunders they may have pulled off the upset. Duke was outstanding last night-don't know stats from game but he played well and as a team the Royals sizzled from the free throw line and crashed the offensive glass hard all night. Every time Cheatham pushed the lead out to a comfortable margin of 10 or 12 MLK would come back with an answer and played like a team determined to win. They would have beaten a lot of teams with their effort last night. Cubs will need to play better than they have in their last few outings on Tuesday or they could find themselves in trouble. They have seemed to be able to flip a switch and turn things up in big games this year-hopefully they do the same Tuesday. I will say again that if there is a better big game player than Saunders in the midstate area I would love to see him. He had 36 last night and made big play after big play to help his team advance. Go Cubs!

R. Sizemore has been a very respectful young man from an early age to the present.  I remember him playing baseball in Madison against my sons' teams and when they played basketball together in Goodlettesville.  He was always a good sport in winning or defeat.  My family still runs into him at different tournaments in the summer.  Parents take a much deserved bow for a job well done.

Good luck to him in continuing his athletic career at the next level.  

Creekwood shoots the ball so well they could give CPA some problems. To beat them you have to hit a rate of 3's off their pressure. Problem is stopping them from scoring.

That may be true but how do they handle a very tough defensive pressure in CPA they don't just play offense they got good defense too. CPA can hit 3s and not just allsmiller, they got a couple of guys who can hit 3s that are on the bench.

I'm probably beating a dead horse here but the numbers cannot go without noting.  The Cheatham County Cubs have won in 75 out of 87 games that they have taken the floor the last three seasons.  It's incredible to witness the powerhouse that the Cubs basketball program has become when we discuss the "elite" teams in Class AA. 

With that having been said the Cubs know that advancing to the Class AA State Tournament is the goal.  Despite the 24-0 perfect season the Cubs are now in the same position as anyone else in Class AA.  The next game is "win or go home" and the pressure could not be bigger.  I have no doubt that Saunders, Harlan, and Darden know the importance of this one and will once again perform at a high level on the big stage. 

I hope your right in that Creek Wood can match CPA, but I haven't seen it by hardly anyone in the state (any classification) and the last time they lost a game to a team from tennessee was over 2 years ago and counting I believe.

It was in November of 2011 against the Alex Poythress led Northeast Eagles I believe...