Who Ya got out of Region 3a?

FutureCOY

Clarkrange will win this game by as many points as they want it will not be pretty. There is a huge difference in these two regions so to compare scores has no bearing whatsoever. Clarkrange will score a 100 on CSAS if they want to and Jackson County will end up winning by 20 even though VB is hosting. Clarkrange and Jackson County are the two best teams in the state in Class A they will prove that on Saturday night.

So Jackson County who won by single digits a few weeks ago will waltz into VB and beat them by 20 in a game that truly matters. VB is going to just lay down at home with a capacity crowd. A team that has shown great pride and fight even in close games will just lay an egg? Kinda hard for me to objectively see that. CSAS will give up 100 points? Sounds like someone is very optimistic to say the least. As I stated earlier, all teams left are good teams so I fully expect 2 great games where young ladies 10 at a time will leave it all on the floor, not 2 sleepers, not even 1.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take this for example, Jackson County only beat Watertown by 10 and was down at halftime at the end of the season. They met again in the Region semi finals JC wins by 31. I remember JC beating VB by over 50 points at VB last year. Keep wishing for JC to come in town. Might not end well for ya. I could be wrong. We will see I guess.

I believe this is the first year i've seen anyone from region 3 talk up these games against region 4.  A few years ago CSAS put it to RBS...that was a very good team, but it was the last and only quality team to come out of that area that could  becontenders in the state.  I understand the enthusiasm, but remember that these are 2 teams with nearly a combined 20 state championship appearances.  The gym in Clarkrange will be the toughest place CSAS has seen all year, it'll be a 30+ point game.  I think the VB will be close for 3 1/2 quarters, but I believe as the game progresses JC will pull ahead comfortably.

Edited by swanson71

So Jackson County who won by single digits a few weeks ago will waltz into VB and beat them by 20 in a game that truly matters. VB is going to just lay down at home with a capacity crowd. A team that has shown great pride and fight even in close games will just lay an egg? Kinda hard for me to objectively see that. CSAS will give up 100 points? Sounds like someone is very optimistic to say the least. As I stated earlier, all teams left are good teams so I fully expect 2 great games where young ladies 10 at a time will leave it all on the floor, not 2 sleepers, not even 1.

We definitely don't expect VB to lay down on the contrary we expect their best game! It will be a great atmosphere for a high school game but if Jackson County can't beat VanBuren then they have no business going to the state tournament anyway. Your fans are the one calling for us so all I said was Becareful what you wish for! As for the CSAS/Clarkrange game goes Clarkrange will decide how bad they want to beat them. I see it realistically being an 87-32 score or close to that.

Edited by UCSportsFan

yeah I definitely believe the game to watch  will be the VB-Jackson Co game. VB just won their first region championship in school history so you can bet the fans will come in droves and be fired up. I'm sure Jackson will be too coming off that heartbreaker against Clarkrange. As important as Coe and Bouldin are to their teams i think this game comes down to the supporting cast. Jackson knows how to win this time of year but if VB shooters hit some shots i do seriously believe that it will come down to the fourth quarter. This game has the potential to be the best game of the night Saturday night or Jackson could blow it open. Either way you've got one great program going up against an up and coming program and I personally believe it will come down to the last shot.

Edited by FutureCOY

The game between JC and VB will be much like the one I saw tonight between Goodpasture and Clarkrange. It'll be close at first but as the game dwindles toward the end the JC talent will be too much for VB to handle and it'll be an 18-20 point game in the end....

I'm not into making predictions, but our girls have as much talent as any single A girls team in the state. If we do lose by 18-20 it will not be because of talent.

I'm at a gym somewhere every Tuesday and Friday night. I've witnessed all these teams. Great job 3A but I believe you will both hang up the high tops Saturday night. VB has a slight chance at an upset. I've seen them play several times this year. Up and down a lot of the time. CSAS is very young and will instantaneously be overwhelmed. I believe JC or CR will be your state champion. I've been from Bristol to Memphis and they are my picks for single A.

I don't think CSAS has a chance Saturday night and Clarkrange should advance easily. Jackson County is the defending State Champs and will be favored over Van Buren. A lot of people on here are expecting a round 5 between these two schools in Mufreesboro next Saturday. And it could happen. But my question is what about Union City? I know Jackson Co beat them last year and the smack hasn't stopped yet. Jackson is minus at least 2 starters and UC has gained one since then, right? I haven't seen UC play but they must be good? Don't get me wrong, I will be pulling for the teams from the Plateau (Van Buren, Jackson, or Clarkrange) in the Boro but I think the 7a faithful better worry about some of the other teams.

I don't think CSAS has a chance Saturday night and Clarkrange should advance easily. Jackson County is the defending State Champs and will be favored over Van Buren. A lot of people on here are expecting a round 5 between these two schools in Mufreesboro next Saturday. And it could happen. But my question is what about Union City? I know Jackson Co beat them last year and the smack hasn't stopped yet. Jackson is minus at least 2 starters and UC has gained one since then, right? I haven't seen UC play but they must be good? Don't get me wrong, I will be pulling for the teams from the Plateau (Van Buren, Jackson, or Clarkrange) in the Boro but I think the 7a faithful better worry about some of the other teams.

UC is definitely one of the favorites but until they prove they can beat Jackson County they cannot win the gold ball. We have beaten them by double digits every time we have played them and Coe out scored them by herself last year. They will be a tough out no doubt and they could win it but they always seem to struggle against teams from 7A but this is a new year so if we are fortunate enough to face them we will find out.