Who Ya got out of Region 3a?

FutureCOY

Very good to see so many comments of people who love their programs. Obviously, I'm pulling for Region 3A and their young guns in these David vs. Goliath matchups, but healthy competition regardless of the outcome is great. Less than 24 hours now. Good luck to each team. Good sportsmanship from all fans. God's protection over each player. Play Ball!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very good to see so many comments of people who love their programs. Obviously, I'm pulling for Region 3A and their young guns in these David vs. Goliath matchups, but healthy competition regardless of the outcome is great. Less than 24 hours now. Good luck to each team. Good sportsmanship from all fans. God's protection over each player. Play Ball!

Nothing wrong with that my friend. I remember not so long ago that the boys from CSAS came to Jackson County a heavy favorite and we pulled off the upset that no one seen coming so anything can happen come tournament time and it usually does! The second best girls team in AAA (Riverdale) is sitting at home already so we have learned to never take any team for granted especially one as good as VB is!

Nothing wrong with that my friend. I remember not so long ago that the boys from CSAS came to Jackson County a heavy favorite and we pulled off the upset that no one seen coming so anything can happen come tournament time and it usually does! The second best girls team in AAA (Riverdale) is sitting at home already so we have learned to never take any team for granted especially one as good as VB is!

That upset of CSAS was more exciting than any other sporting event I have ever attended. A close second was the upset of USA today #1 Shelbyville girls. Wow. Been some good times in old Kermit Forkum

I was one who thought it would be a blowout, I've heard people criticize on the job coach Flynn does for the boys but his success during tournament time has spoken for itself.

Over 7 or 8 years it seems I hear about how good a team from 14a is. I've heard it from Gleason, Union City, and Lake County and in that span they have only one state championship. So as good as Union City may be it would not surprise me one bit to see them get put out in the first round....

Great game by both teams, VB played a great game at home and wow what a great atmosphere for a high school ball game.  I was a little worried when I got there as it was clear Coe was sick and after talking to her parents I learned she had a stomach virus but she sucked it up and played with a lot of grit.  I thought Katy Hall played great defense on Bouldin all night and Kassidy Allen made play after play for JC.  Lyndsey also had a solid game down low and hit some clutch shots for us.  Now its on to the state tournament where anything can happen.  The folks at VanBure were gracious hosts and gave their team a great home court advantage! 

Congrats to Clarkrange. As many have stated they are one of the best teams in the state. They are very sound and basketball savy. Coach did a great job changing tempo and overwhelming a young CSAS squad. The atmosphere was great and obviously there is a lot of local pride. My ONLY complaint was that even with arriving 2 hours early and still pockets of open seats, southern hospitality was not extended and our small contingent that included 3 elderly was directed to an upper corner visitor's section. That said, everyone's actual conversation was very pleasant. This is a basketball blog so back to the game. Their solid and consistent play showed our girls what it will take to get to state and with all woodshed experiences it will only make us better. With only losing one senior and having a coach who is no longer new to the girls we fully expect to be back and become one of the elite Class A teams very soon. Best of luck CR, we hope you pull it off and get number 9. We can at least say that we went down to the champ.

Congrats to Clarkrange. As many have stated they are one of the best teams in the state. They are very sound and basketball savy. Coach did a great job changing tempo and overwhelming a young CSAS squad. The atmosphere was great and obviously there is a lot of local pride. My ONLY complaint was that even with arriving 2 hours early and still pockets of open seats, southern hospitality was not extended and our small contingent that included 3 elderly was directed to an upper corner visitor's section. That said, everyone's actual conversation was very pleasant. This is a basketball blog so back to the game. Their solid and consistent play showed our girls what it will take to get to state and with all woodshed experiences it will only make us better. With only losing one senior and having a coach who is no longer new to the girls we fully expect to be back and become one of the elite Class A teams very soon. Best of luck CR, we hope you pull it off and get number 9. We can at least say that we went down to the champ.

The thing that hurts teams like CSAS and VB is in order to get to the state tournament they have to beat either Clarkrange or Jackson County and that has proven very hard to do. CSAS was able to do it once only to lose to Jackson County in the finals. Both Jackson County and Clarkrange will again be loaded next year and as long as Jim Brown and Lamar Rogers are coaching these teams they will always be a favorite to go to the state tournament. As for #9 well we plan on getting that this year!