Update on moving the State Tournament

russianbear

I THINK that's California. I've seen videos of their finals and I know it looks similar to that. Such a cool experience.

Imagine being in a state with several sectionals, most being bigger tournaments than all of our 4 divisions combined or at least 200 schools each. 38 million folks 1000 miles a part. Did you notice how many mats?

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B_6S-bFAv3jrRXpMeHFkT05OdG8&usp=sharing

Quite frankly I'm surprised coming from such a state, if you know what I mean.

/-__ O

\-

Edited by Sommers

Well whats the latest?  Been over a month, what locations are options?

What are the top 5 locations?  When is the meeting with the state?

Details?

We are currently waiting on the results of a couple things before we contact the TSSAA. I've heard from a very reliable source the event is already schedule for the A/G Center for 2015, but will definitely be moved after that. The same source did however advise to keep proceeding with  2 petitions. 1 petition for all coaches, fans, referees, etc. who want it moved and 1 petition for all those that believe they suffered a skin infection or allergic reaction as a result of the poor air and soil quality of the A/G center.

As far as where to move it to, quite honestly I'm not an event planner. That's the TSSAA's job, not mine. I have (and many others that care about this) investigated several arenas and possibilities, but there are two major problems with that. First, the TSSAA doesn't even know the correct date yet for the 2015 state tournament. Second, apparently it's already been scheduled for the A/G center (even though their printed material contradicts the date of the event). 

Thanks for your interest. You can stay much more up to date through the FB page (Bye bye Cow Palace) if you'd like.

Edited by russianbear