Update on moving the State Tournament

russianbear

I was reading this thread to stay up on the status of all this discussion, but the thread itself seems to be spinning out of control. Aside from the issue of showers and the pageantry surrounding the state finals (the latter of which could easily be altered and improved at the ag center), I for one have really enjoyed both events being held at the ag expo center, both as a coach and a fan of TN wrestling. It's clearly not perfect, but it is well organized and set up in my opinion, runs smoothly, features a spacious floor that as we saw was able to accommodate 12 running mats, and the spread-out seating allows for fans to move pretty freely around to the area where their wrestlers are competing. I actually thought Clarksville High did a great job with the duals for a number of years, but this current venue and system in my opinion is a vast improvement on top of that. Anyways, this issue seems to be devolving into an open bashing of the TSSAA and the "cow barn", but I wanted to throw out there that not everyone in this state shares the same thoughts on the matter. Just my opinion, but I've really enjoyed having the tournaments there and I hope they continue to be improved in their current location.

Did you attend any of the state tournaments elsewhere? We aren't talking about the duals. You are the first person I've heard of that likes it

body wipes will get the job done. just wipe down with a body wipe between matches and it will hold you over till you can get to a shower.

Are you an MD?  Is that your opinion that "Body Wipes" will be sufficient or is that a fact?  Would the "Body Wipe" companies guarantee that their products are the same as showering? 

Is this sarcasm?

I believe coach is serious...

Copied & posted from some between lunch break running blog ...can you imagine waking into the cow palace rest rooms?...

ï¼ (ï¿£-ï¿£)@

CLEANSE

Put a towel on the floor. I think it’s good manners to stand on a towel before you wipe and powder. It just seems right. Plus, you don’t want to stand barefoot on a public restroom floor, right?

I use whatever kind of wipes we have in the house at the time. Right now it’s Pampers Baby Fresh Wipes, and I like that they’re hypoallergenic because we’re going to scrub down our crotch and underarms with them. Expert tip: Use a new wipe for each necessary bit.

I have also invested in Neutrogena Oil Free Pink Grapefruit Cleansing Wipes. (I enjoy the heck out body wash fromt that line and what it does to my bacne and shimples.) Quite refreshing on the face or chest or both.

Please stand on your towel. Eek.

POWDER

As I child I coveted my mother’s cool, smooth container of Gloria Vanderbilt body powder. It was SO FUN to thwack the puff against my tummy and leave big snowball-shaped outlines on my skin. THWACK and the air would become hazy with a perfumed cloud of poor little rich girl.

My current non-shower routine is not as focused on playtime, but it is quite invigorating. I like Silky Underwear by Lush. It smells very nice and leaves my skin, well, silky. It takes that post-workout tackiness off the surface of my skin, and I almost feel like I showered. I put it under my arms, along the sides of my ribcage, and between my thighs. Put in on your feet, too, if you like.

The packaging is now a lot more travel-friendly that it was a few years ago. That’s a big plus if you clean out your gym bag as seldom as I do.

HAIR

My hair is very thick, and when I sweat, it SWEATS in capital letters. I’m not overly greasy, but I dread smelling of old scalp.

My ideal dry shampoo is one that adds a nice enough fragrance, refreshes a bit, and doesn’t make my hair too voluminous or crispy. I stumbled across Dove Invigorating Dry Shampoo by chance, but I’m really digging it. It feels cool going on, and I haven’t had a problem with that whitish residue I've read about with other dry shampoos. I only use it at my hairline and part and brush through, so I haven’t had any issues with over-drying either.

I’m on a quest to try other dry shampoos, just for comparison’s sake, but this one has been good for a quick refresher. Throw a headband on or pin back your bangs for extra freshness. I feel best with my hair off my face, but that’s me.

My husband has become my director. He was shouting, "Act like you stink and you don't know what to do about it!"

I wouldn’t recommend this routine after a long stretch of not showering, and I wouldn’t do it several days in a row, only because it might take more elbow grease to get really clean. However, in a pinch, this has been working for me and I’ve been able to get my me-time even when I have a really strange, spotty work schedule.

I also recommend collecting samples (face wash or BB cream or anything that would shorten your grooming routine) from cosmetics counters, hotels, your mom’s house, wherever. They are very cute and very convenient in a gym bag. And we’re all about cute and convenient, us modern women.

Jun 7, 2013

BABY WIPESBODY POWDERS DOVE DRY SHAMPOOS EXERCISE FACE WIPES FAKING IT HEAD BANDS LUSH NEUTROGEN A RUNNING SWEATING WIPES

But seriously, this has merit over nothing, but fragrance free powders are best (gold bond - TN product... or medicated powders)

Allen Arena, Lipscomb University campus, is $4000 per day (before discounts I am told).  Nice facility.  Covered parking garage. 

Lipscomb might be wanting to talk.  It would be nice to have a few thousand people on your campus as potential students.  They could market a booth at the arena.

Curb Center?  Perhaps about the same money.  Amy Grant's husband Vince Gill has that connection, her son wrestled at Ensworth Middle, then at Lipscomb High school, but they were not wrestling people, so to speak.

Just throwing that out there.

Chattanooga can say that they would love to have it back. That is great. Nobody in the state was complaining about Mackenzie. It was a great venue. But it became very obvious that it wasn't that important to the community or the university to host it there. We lost the use of the facility twice when scheduled to be there. I don't recall the reason and it is not important anymore. However, if it were to return to Mackenzie, I would like to see the contract between the TSSAA and UTC. I think as much as the wrestlers deserve a good venue to compete in, they deserve more to not have to miss 3 days of school and wrestling their championship matches on a Friday night.

• Upvote 3

Chattanooga can say that they would love to have it back. That is great. Nobody in the state was complaining about Mackenzie. It was a great venue. But it became very obvious that it wasn't that important to the community or the university to host it there. We lost the use of the facility twice when scheduled to be there. I don't recall the reason and it is not important anymore. However, if it were to return to Mackenzie, I would like to see the contract between the TSSAA and UTC. I think as much as the wrestlers deserve a good venue to compete in, they deserve more to not have to miss 3 days of school and wrestling their championship matches on a Friday night.

Bravo! ESPN Roundball $ BTW