Public School Baseball in Chattanooga

Pounder1

Lots of tournaments going on this weekend in Chattanooga. Anyone has updates or who is playing who and when. Lets keep us all updated because our local paper evidently is picking and choosing games. A lot of people do look on this sight for scores.

any particular ones you would like to know about?

any particular ones you would like to know about?

skydogg25, I guess the main one would be the Hixson Wildcat Tourney since I have a grandson playing on one of the teams involved. Also really would like to know about any of the local tournaments. I  just really think it is poor coverage from the local paper on the tournaments going on locally. They could at least put scores in. Sometimes one needs to be proactive. I can understand why some coaches do not want to let them know anything since some do not even get mentioned in there coverage. A call to find out the score would be good. The paper could at least do that but they don't seem to want to try.

Edited by Pounder1

Sorry to say but this is the 6th year since they opened the school.

Don't want to get into the practices of Hamiliton County but the truth would rock your world.

The HC bid came back for $271,000 and only included fence, seeded grass, no lights, no dug outs, no bathrooms, no press box, no concession, just fence and dirt.

Nice article in the paper this week about the new softball field at Red Bank.

Came with everything.

"That's all I got to say about that"

I think I could build you a dang good baseball field for $271,000!

I think I could build you a dang good baseball field for $271,000!

They have lights that were taken from David Brainerd's field and just laying over at the school that has nothing there so they say. ,They were given to them after another school was told they would get them. Do u think that was fair? I don't. Some schools want and get and  others ask and get nothing for themselves. So yeah they did get more help. Please don't say they have not been getting any thing. They have regardless what they say.

The lights are for the soccer field and would not be tall enough for baseball anyway.

The County will not let the soccer booster club put them up themselves and is requesting them to pay $35,000 for the County to put them up.

Regardless of what you are saying they were promised to another school for their softball field. You got them for free. You can play and practice soccer on your football field, can't you? Use that. Surely your football coach wouldn't mind , would he?