Mt. Pleasant

cubs1

Sounds awesome to hear. I am sure losing seasons will be the only thing that will turn any mTp football fan against him being head coach....It does to all HC's everywhere....That's pretty much what I was getting at by stating that.

I imagine y'all miss him it sounds.

But PC is not known for Not having discipline problems at times. Lot of penalties (standard) I've seen before and some agitations (PF's) from players at other times. Bradley must've not been there those years I'm supposing since you said that. Wouldn't been so much his fault any way since he wasn't HC.

Posting his assistance years at PC would help jog my memory.

He was head coach in PC for the '06 season. No discipline problems that year! Not sure exactly what years he was asst. coach at PC. He was an assistant under Rick Rice, then head coach my son's freshman year, and did a great job getting the team under control. He's been an assistant coach at Portland for a few years. Don't really know much about that team.

Edited by viking_fan

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was head coach in PC for the '06 season. No discipline problems that year! Not sure exactly what years he was asst. coach at PC. He was an assistant under Rick Rice, then head coach my son's freshman year, and did a great job getting the team under control. He's been an assistant coach at Portland for a few years. Don't really know much about that team.

Fully appreciate that info. :thumb:

PC under Coach Bradley that year went 4-6 over all and 3-5 in the District. Biggest loss that year was against mTp (Marco Daily years) and PC's biggest win was against Zion Christian. The rest of the games that year was pretty close on the scores the rest of the games. Not big loss/win margins.

Your right, that year was pretty quiet for PC....It was just right before then in either '04 or '05, PC was under Coach Harrison I believe, I was at a scrimmage in PC when things got heated when a PC player charged fast and furious down the field, kinda blindsided a mTp player putting him on his butt after the play was dead and about caused a ruckus amoungst all. Coaches had to come on the field to cool things off. A lot of banter/attitudes from PC that day I remember. Jack rabbit was there that day playing for PC.....

So that tells me Coach Bradley made big strides in turning around attitudes.

Overall though. Decent first year HC-ing record at PC for Bradley judging by close scores even though suffering losses. Good to hear you have good things to say about him. :thumb:

Edited by Big Bigby

Fully appreciate that info. :thumb:

PC under Coach Bradley that year went 4-6 over all and 3-5 in the District. Biggest loss that year was against mTp (Marco Daily years) and PC's biggest win was against Zion Christian. The rest of the games that year was pretty close on the scores the rest of the games. Not big loss/win margins.

Your right, that year was pretty quiet for PC....It was just right before then in either '04 or '05, PC was under Coach Harrison I believe, I was at a scrimmage in PC when things got heated when a PC player charged fast and furious down the field, kinda blindsided a mTp player putting him on his butt after the play was dead and about caused a ruckus amoungst all. Coaches had to come on the field to cool things off. A lot of banter/attitudes from PC that day I remember. Jack rabbit was there that day playing for PC.....

So that tells me Coach Bradley made big strides in turning around attitudes.

Overall though. Decent first year HC-ing record at PC for Bradley judging by close scores even though suffering losses. Good to hear you have good things to say about him. :thumb:

'04 & '05 would have been Rick Rice. As you said, in '06 under Bradley, we went 4-6, and pretty much every game was a close one. It was quite an exciting year for us, actually. In '07 Harrison took over and we went 0-10.

• 1 month later...

Sounds cool looking.... Did you ever hear/know if they got their spring practicing in or not?... Unconfirmed to me that they did.

Not 100% sure of this but they did not have spring practice.

I do know Coach Baker is returning staff as an assistant. Brandon Shelton isgoing to be a volunteer coach, not sure who he is.