Cheatham County @ CPA: Class AA Sectional Battle

I agree Nerd, lighten up everybody! Funny thing about this whole discussion is that the posters who suggested the game be moved to a larger venue are not Cheatham fans, but rather fans of other schools who compete with Cheatham who would like to see the game and may not be able to get a ticket. No big deal and no offense taken at Nerd's comment as he is stating a fact. Good luck to the Cubs tonight as they will need to be at their very best to pull this off, but I know they have it in them to do the seemingly impossible. What a fantastic opportunity to do something special!  Go Cubs!!

Edited by mumbletypeg

I'm not sure but didn't CPA play the "Big Boy" D2 champion this year?

I am for one glad to read this post. This is a true representation of the entire CPA culture. They put up a front of we are only trying to be a good servant in the community where the real motivation behind closed doors is to win at all costs from the top down. Yes I agree this attitude will be the reason for a complete split. CPA folks, get your check books out, getting ready to get much more expensive than in recent years when you compete with Ensworth, BA, MBA to name a few. If you decide to stay down in class and not go against the big boys then sports nerd can get on here and brag about the beat downs they will be giving Mt Juliet Christian, etc......

C'mon guys!! The game is almost here. Let's agree and disagree about who comes out on top and the match ups of the game! Both teams are deserving of that, it's been a long road getting here, and by that I mean lots of travel, practice, and late nights. Good Luck! To both teams! See you all at the game.

For those who can't get a ticket, stay home and watch it on MYTV30 tonight at 7:00. Good luck to all.

I thought they were televising Brentwood-Kenwood. Has this changed?

I actually just received confirmation that this game will be televised tonight on MYtv30. Kenwood-Brentwood has been postponed until Wednesday due to road conditions in Clarksville. Go Cubs!!

Edited by mumbletypeg

They beat Ensworth, D2 Champ.  Oakridge, Kenwood and Brentwood good 3A Schools.

Here is a very interesting scenario long shot, but would have to be a first if it happens.

CPA beat BGA and Ensworth who have already won the state.

If CPA wins, and Mitchell wins 1A and either Kenwood, Brentwood, or Oak Ridge win 3A, then CPA will win state and will have beaten all of the other state champs in the same year.

Real longshot but I bet it has never happened.

Edited by sportsnerd

I thought they were televising Brentwood-Kenwood. Has this changed?

I actually just received confirmation that this game will be televised tonight on MYtv30. Kenwood-Brentwood has been postponed until Wednesday due to road conditions in Clarksville. Go Cubs!!

This is great.  Only wish Plaster wasn't calling it.

• Upvote 1