Oakland vs bradley

micky

Great game !! Glad to see Rebecca Reuter hit the game winner for bradley , after what happened last year in the sub-state she now gets to play in the elite eight .

It was only a great game because it was so close and tense until the end.  I wasn't impressed with Oakland, and I thought their coach was playing not to lose, rather than to win when they had a 3 point lead and froze the ball with about 3 minutes to go.  Oakland's big girl got good position for the rebounds but she wasn't an offensive force at all.  Bradley will have to rebound better to get beyond the first round of state.  Both teams got open shots but neither of them shot well.  Both defenses were pretty good, but the pressure wasn't really all that intense.  The low scoring had more to do with poor shooting.     

It was only a great game because it was so close and tense until the end. I wasn't impressed with Oakland, and I thought their coach was playing not to lose, rather than to win when they had a 3 point lead and froze the ball with about 3 minutes to go. Oakland's big girl got good position for the rebounds but she wasn't an offensive force at all. Bradley will have to rebound better to get beyond the first round of state. Both teams got open shots but neither of them shot well. Both defenses were pretty good, but the pressure wasn't really all that intense. The low scoring had more to do with poor shooting.

Hit it right on the nose. I wonder why she didn't run. Cause of depth ? The big sophomore for them moved well enough. I think Bradley was maybe 1 player deeper on the bench. But I know Bradley played very tight. They have to get all 5 taking open shots. That's when they play their best. States a new ball game.

It was only a great game because it was so close and tense until the end.  I wasn't impressed with Oakland, and I thought their coach was playing not to lose, rather than to win when they had a 3 point lead and froze the ball with about 3 minutes to go.  Oakland's big girl got good position for the rebounds but she wasn't an offensive force at all.  Bradley will have to rebound better to get beyond the first round of state.  Both teams got open shots but neither of them shot well.  Both defenses were pretty good, but the pressure wasn't really all that intense.  The low scoring had more to do with poor shooting.     

Impressed or not, if Oakland hits their FT's, they win that game going away. I dont blame Oakland at all for slowing it down, 3 point lead and the ball, force Bradley to step up and make some shots and they did. Bradley just basically played a state tournament opponent, Oakland put down Riverdale twice (something Bradley couldnt do on their own floor). These 2 teams play 10 times, wouldnt be suprised at all if it was split 5-5. It was just Bradley's night

Hit it right on the nose. I wonder why she didn't run. Cause of depth ? The big sophomore for them moved well enough. I think Bradley was maybe 1 player deeper on the bench. But I know Bradley played very tight. They have to get all 5 taking open shots. That's when they play their best. States a new ball game.

If you noticed, Oakland only went 6 deep. Against Blackman, Oakland's 5 starters played the whole game. Shelby Gibson is the Center for Oakland. Only a sophomore, like most players her age, she is a work in progress

Bradley made just 11-of-33 shots from the field, but went 12-for-15 at the foul line.

Oakland did something that is rarely done by out rebounding the hosts 30-23, plus Emily Eubanks tied Copeland for game-high points with 14, while Gibson finished with nine.

The Lady Patriots connected on 15-of-42 shots from the floor, but went 4-for-17 at the free throw line.

“There’s no doubt if they (Oakland) make their free throws, the game has a different outcome,â€â€ˆCoach Reuter remarked. “But the fact of the matter is we are the ones still dancing and moving on.â€

Read more: Cleveland Daily Banner - Bearettes do it again

Bradley made just 11-of-33 shots from the field, but went 12-for-15 at the foul line.

Oakland did something that is rarely done by out rebounding the hosts 30-23, plus Emily Eubanks tied Copeland for game-high points with 14, while Gibson finished with nine.

The Lady Patriots connected on 15-of-42 shots from the floor, but went 4-for-17 at the free throw line.

“There’s no doubt if they (Oakland) make their free throws, the game has a different outcome,â€â€ˆCoach Reuter remarked. “But the fact of the matter is we are the ones still dancing and moving on.â€

Read more: Cleveland Daily Banner - Bearettes do it again

Oakland plays much bigger than they actually are, but I was still suprised they outrebounded Bradley with those 2 big girls down low. Just glad to know that one of them will coming to Middle

Oakland plays much bigger than they actually are, but I was still suprised they outrebounded Bradley with those 2 big girls down low. Just glad to know that one of them will coming to Middle

One of our bigs was recruited to play the 3 position in college. She guarded Oaklands point guard and that takes her away from the basket, hence the lack of rebounds although she still had 10.

Oakland was very well coached they just needed more shooters 10 and 00 seemed to be the only 2 with the green light from outside the paint. FREE THROWS wow our leader could not throw it in the ocean but she still made Free throws. Great team though and I loved their Post players game.

Just think, several folks thought Bradley played a "weak" schedule and there is "no way" we could beat a powerful middle tn team or any good team for that matter.  What is great about athletic competition,  talk on forums is just that Talk and usually it is opinions and we all know what they are like.