Houston Co. vs Union City

wtspfan

Trying to figure out why the coach put the starters in with a minute left after putting in the reserves? Just to get that long pass in to beat HC's reserves pressing? Lol all I'm saying is that the victory was in hand and stuff like that comes back to bite you.

I would image Suitor didn't want to head into the next game on a sour note....This ain't the time for making friends....This is time for winning Gold Balls...I'm sure it was nothing personal....

I would image Suitor didn't want to head into the next game on a sour note....This ain't the time for making friends....This is time for winning Gold Balls...I'm sure it was nothing personal....

While it may not be the time to make friends, it is the time to show your team how to have "class". Putting the starters in against subs..... low class and poor sportsmanship. And the starters continue to shoot to run the score up.  Is this a team and coach I would be proud to say are State Champs? Nope. I think the booing from the entire crowd in the Boro showed the same opinion as mine.

While it may not be the time to make friends, it is the time to show your team how to have "class". Putting the starters in against subs..... low class and poor sportsmanship. And the starters continue to shoot to run the score up.  Is this a team and coach I would be proud to say are State Champs? Nope. I think the booing from the entire crowd in the Boro showed the same opinion as mine.

Run the score up???  How do you do that when the other team has won over 30 games!!! LOL

HC didn't show up yesterday.The experience definitely showed and UC is a phenomenal defensive team. What I don't understand is why Houston Co- who trapped and pressured all year didn't even try it.They were getting beat on the boards early and went big but once your down 15-20 points why not go back small and press,that's the only chance you had. I thought their coach had done an amazing job all year but it looked like he just got outclassed-no adjustments at all after the 1st quarter.

UC was a good team and I thought they played with class!! Can't blame their coach when HC had over 20 turnovers and didn't play their game. HC ran a fast paced game all season and then played slow in this game for some reason. Kinda thought a faster game might have made for a closer one. But it is what it is!!

When you are at State you bring the "A" game and its no crying.  I'm sure HC had some games like this with them winning, so it doesn't feel so good, UMMMM?

HC did have some blowout wins but once the Coach pulled his starters he didnt bring them back in the game esp if it was 1:20 left in the game and up by 18 when the other team had in JV players with 2 srs. Bottom line is, it was classless. He was clearly going to win the game, his starters did their part. Hypothetically, what if #25 or #13 would have hurt themselves while shooting a wide open breakaway layup. What explanation does he tell those girls or their parents? No doubt they have a great team, but what that coach did Thursday vs HC left bad taste.

HC did have some blowout wins but once the Coach pulled his starters he didnt bring them back in the game esp if it was 1:20 left in the game and up by 18 when the other team had in JV players with 2 srs. Bottom line is, it was classless. He was clearly going to win the game, his starters did their part. Hypothetically, what if #25 or #13 would have hurt themselves while shooting a wide open breakaway layup. What explanation does he tell those girls or their parents? No doubt they have a great team, but what that coach did Thursday vs HC left bad taste.

If your coach wants the bench to play in a 14 point game with a minute and a half left, he needs to learn not to "press" it out. I wouldn't put UC's coach is the "crosshair" for that end of the game episode, I'd look at your own. 12 points in the West is not "safe" in the West style of basketball. Congrats on a good season and nothing to hang your heads about.