Congratulations Union City

bobcatfan300

Jackson County led most of the way but let it get away from them in the last little over a minute. Union City is to be congratulated for their comeback and perfect season. Congratulations to Jackson Co. for  nearly beating a team so many said would beat them by a lot. Glad to See Jaycee Coe win her second Miss Basketball in a row.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This should silence the critics from all season we were #1 for a reason and we showed why.[/quote

Critics? Everybody was picking you guys to win the game.

Incorrect. Many said Union City didn't play a tough schedule and would have same results as last year. Go back and read the pre state tournament threads again

Yes, it proves Union City is up to the level of play of 7A. Don't forget Jackson co nearly beat UC and led most of the way...but not when it counted. It is a shame that Clarkrange didn't get to play UC...that may have been the real championship...but yes, Union City proved it is the best team this year. Clarkrange, Jackson Co and Pickett Co. from 7A all will be in the hunt for the tournament next year. I believe that Union City has a great coach and the test will be to see if he can return again next year.

I'm not gonna argue with you. Congrats on the win. Just know it looks better to be humble in victory. Some people have been really disrespecting 7a and Jackson Co too, saying UC was gonna win by 40 etc. just enjoy the win. Heck it's been 89 years. That's pretty cool.

Great game and good coaching adjustment playing a box in 1 with Raven Fair on Coe in the 2nd half. Refs were terrible and called a tech on the UC bench with 5 minutes left in the 4th. Was a 4 point swing. Coe showed what a great player she is in almost single handedly winning it.

I agree it seemed Coe is the only one that showed up and that hurt them without her it could of gotten ugly fast. I wish JC luck next year they will have to make up for a loss of a player like Coe. UC needs to get in the gym this off season and get to work. Losing 5 key seniors is going to hurt but we do return some good players and its up to them to want it again. We won't have the size but we will still be a good team. Can they be State Championship good; well, that's up to them.

Bottom line posters.....it doesn't matter if you win by one or 41....the game is played and once the clock goes 0:00, it is over.  Our girls played tough.  We never gave up.  Jackson County is basically a one man show.  I bet Coe would trade her Miss basketball for another state championship trophy.  She is a great player and high school basketball will miss her for sure.  I wish her well at Kentucky and that close to Knoxville, why isn't she wearing orange ?  Union City has been working their way up from making an appearance three years ago, then runner up last year and now state champs.  Our coaches and players who have worked hard has put Union City on the map for girls basketball.  We plan t enjoy this one for awhile. 

This Championship was 3 years in the making....the defeat in the semi's 2 years ago, the defeat in the Championship last year, & well this undefeated team this year...WORK, WORk, & lots of WORK went into this team...the schedule this year was as hard as any A team in the state, the draw for sub-state, as Middleton was upset by Jackson Christian, and then  in the bracket with 3 other 30 game winners, & to face Jackson Co. for the 3rd straight year in the championship game....the first half was tense & shots did not fall for the Purple & Gold, they only seemed to fall for the best player on the court JC Cole, however, Eddie Suiter changed defenses...& the game changed with a technical foul which resulted in 4 points for the Lady Demons, however, fate was with the Lady Tornadoes as Jackie Hudson & Amber Fair were not going to lose!..the last 3 minutes were all UC...GREAT GAME, GREAT SEASON, GREAT CHAMPIONSHIP!!

Edited by Switchhitter

Although I am a 7A fan I think it is great for Union City to win it...the more teams or districts  that improve, the better TN basketball will be. In 7A the teams have to try to keep up with each other, especially Clarkrange and Jackson Co., but Clay Co. won the gold ball  2 years ago and Pickett Co. had a very good team this year and will be great the next few years. To compete in 7A the teams have to be very good. PC only lost to JC & Clarkrange in "A" games until they lost to Watertown in the region... a team they beat twice before during the season. Union City lost last year but stepped up their quality of play and won it this year. The more teams that do that, the less everyone will have to complain about 7A always being in the finals.