SouthSide vs CPA

big_mike0307

CPA is the best team in the state and SS dnt stand a chance Maddux will out coach Fuller.

If you have the best team & loose? Guess Maddux got out coached. Finally no more hearing how CPA hasn't lost in TN since blah blah.....Ironic that they would prob be state champs again if they were in the right division. Bullying the public schools for three years, ahhh sweet carma!

CPA is the best team in Tennessee.

if this is true...why do they constantly duck the tournaments in memphis...theyve been invited...heck Coach Fuller from South Side tried to get games AND scrimmages scheduled against CPA after last years final...Maddux response was "we only play teams that can challenge us" 

CPA is the best team in the state and SS dnt stand a chance Maddux will out coach Fuller.

...says the coach who is busy on coachT...lol

The outcome of this game will be surprising. SS with the upset.

well done...very well done

Looks like district 14 AA has reared it's ugly head at the glass house once again!!! Southside make 14AA proud tomorrow and take your place beside Bolivar and Liberty!!!!!!!!! :popcorneater:

bout dang time!!!  much different game when u dont have 9 turnovers in the 1st quarter isnt it...

Just imagine how good CPA would be had that  great player they had last year not transfered.

just imagine how good South Side would be had their 6th man not left for JCM so he could start...think he avg 24ppg...shoulda stayed for the gold ball instead of the dark bull the cougar coach was spittin

Congrats to Jackson Southside. I said a few weeks ago that, based on recent history, nobody would sniff a victory against CPA from there on out, but I was wrong. Many have said that the only way to beat CPA was for Blackwell to get in foul trouble, for CPA to shoot poorly from 3, and for the opponent to shoot lights out. It seems that all those things happened. Southside ended a 94-game winning streak, and should be proud whether they win on Saturday or not. The seniors from CPA finish their career with a record of 137-12, with 2 state championships, congrats to those young men. As CPA says goodbye to Allsmiller, Bonds, and Richard, the public schools rejoice. I'll be interested to see what next season has in store.

I also want to commend Southside's Jaylen Barford for the sportsmanship displayed in this photo

Edited by matt610

Congrats to Jackson Southside. I said a few weeks ago that, based on recent history, nobody would sniff a victory against CPA from there on out, but I was wrong. Many have said that the only way to beat CPA was for Blackwell to get in foul trouble, for CPA to shoot poorly from 3, and for the opponent to shoot lights out. It seems that all those things happened. Southside ended a 94-game winning streak, and should be proud whether they win on Saturday or not. The seniors from CPA finish their career with a record of 137-12, with 2 state championships, congrats to those young men. As CPA says goodbye to Allsmiller, Bonds, and Richard, the public schools rejoice. I'll be interested to see what next season has in store.

I also want to commend Southside's Jaylen Barford for the sportsmanship displayed in this photo

Im sure with the vacancy of those three seniors there is also some job openings at the school for family members. So Maddux will be fine after his recruiting camp!

Props to Mr. Barford for his sportsmanship in consoling it looks like Mr. Blackwell. In today's world of it's all about me he showed a tremendous amount of class in his actions instead of being concerned about letting the arena see him point to himself. Congrats to his parents on raising what appears to be a fine young man.

This is what high school sports should be about and more public and private school kids could take lessons from this young man.

The kid hicks is one of the best players you've never heard of but he is also one of the bravest. Playing with 4 fouls, not only did he draw a charge on Blackwell (his 5th), but Bonds as well. Maddux is one of the cockiest coaches I've ever encountered. CPA took the floor with a mentality that no one could beat them. Maybe they should stop padding there schedule with the cupcake teams and actually play quality opponents during the regular season. That way when they actually take the floor against somebody that's not intimidated, They won't fold. 1-3 in close games doesn't seem so elite. Replacing bonds, ausmiller, and Richard means one of two things. Drew Maddux will be active on ribals.com and the aau seen searching for the next great "transfer" or it's off to another school. Either way "the best team money can buy" should have spent a little more money on depth