7AAA - Week 1 in the books - District Play Begins .... NOW....

davidlimbaugh

I saw the MJ / Oakland game, the starters for both teams were good. I thought the Oakland hitters had a better approach at the plate than MJ.   MJ got a lucky play in the outfiled  that resulted in a couple of errors.  I thought the big mistake for Oakland was pulling the starter, I think MJ got their tie'ing run and go ahead run on the relief pitching.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did they throw any good arms? And any body stand out?

Rhett Stacey had an 8 strikeout night, but the game just got away from him in the Top of the 6th. The bases got loaded (although, the hit that allowed the bases to be loaded wasn't his fault, it was a chopper that both the 1B and 2B went for, and when the 2B got the ball, first base was uncovered), Justin Wilson came in to pitch, gave up Oakland's two runs (one on an error by the Oakland SS, but I say the run would've scored anyway, because his only play was at first for out #2, and the other on a wild pitch with the bases still loaded). Nolan Pearson and Will Hawks pitched the 7th (Pearson one-third and Hawks the other two) and did a decent job. Wilson deserves some credit, as well, for striking out the last two batters of the Top of the 6th after giving up those two runs.

Edited by MTSN