Top single A teams programs?

FutureCOY

As always people think east tn teams are powerful when they are nowhere near the skill level of west teams.....Goodpasture will run the table for years to come...Halls will run through district 14a this year with ease.....Union City was VERY powerful last year but this year is a complete turn around losing to lake county 5-0 is just embarassing....UC last year was one of the best teams in the state hands down and they didnt even have to chance to show it...proves how horribly set up the run for the state tournament is.... 

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As always people think east tn teams are powerful when they are nowhere near the skill level of west teams.....Goodpasture will run the table for years to come...Halls will run through district 14a this year with ease.....Union City was VERY powerful last year but this year is a complete turn around losing to lake county 5-0 is just embarassing....UC last year was one of the best teams in the state hands down and they didnt even have to chance to show it...proves how horribly set up the run for the state tournament is....

If I remember right, Union City returns most of their team from last year. The season is still young. I'm looking forward to our matchup with Halls next week. Halls only beat Peabody 1-0, so I'm not sure they "run through 14a with ease" either. They do look to be the front runner for now, but its a long season...

The comments about Goodpasture running the tables got me looking at their schedule, it seems they only play 4 games against Single-A competition this year.  The rest are against AA-AAA teams and DII teams.  They might not have a pretty record come tournament time but they should be battle tested, that's for sure.  If they do get beat in the State Tournament my favorite would be the team that beats them! WOW!

If I remember right, Union City returns most of their team from last year. The season is still young. I'm looking forward to our matchup with Halls next week. Halls only beat Peabody 1-0, so I'm not sure they "run through 14a with ease" either. They do look to be the front runner for now, but its a long season...

GC you didn't remember right....UC lost 10 seniors and returned no one with a varsity at bat from last season

Goodpasture has to be the odds on favorite to win it.

They should be... When I was in school A baseball was dominated by USJ and Goodpasture. According to the scoreboard they just beat Gordonsville 22-1 to add on the 114 point game during basketball season........If I was Gville at any point for any sport if I got the chance to pile it on I would!

I saw Clarkrange play Monterey last night. They looked really solid. Webb threw a big Freshman. He looked to be about 6'4 and threw hard. The field was the best I've seen in a couple years. They said that clarkrange was starting 4 or 5 Freshman and 3 sophomores. Only 1 senior on the team and he is only a courtesy runner. Look for that program to make some noise the next 3 years. Also they have a really good catcher . He is left handed and can really catch. He can also hit. He is not shabby on the hill. He is 3-0 and throws a knuckleball 80 percent. A really good looking team.

I saw Clarkrange play Monterey last night. They looked really solid. Webb threw a big Freshman. He looked to be about 6'4 and threw hard. The field was the best I've seen in a couple years. They said that clarkrange was starting 4 or 5 Freshman and 3 sophomores. Only 1 senior on the team and he is only a courtesy runner. Look for that program to make some noise the next 3 years. Also they have a really good catcher . He is left handed and can really catch. He can also hit. He is not shabby on the hill. He is 3-0 and throws a knuckleball 80 percent. A really good looking team.

Areyousaying the catcher is Left handed?