best high school weightroom

iownyou

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest FOOTBALLFAN10

i heared from one of my friends who plays at goodpasture and he said it cost somewhere bt 1.5 and 3 million dollars but they are a private school so im sure alot of that money came from the student who pay the tution to go thtere

I`ve got the definitive answer to the question.....Who has the best weight room?

It is the one that is filled with young high school players who dream of acheiving something. It is the one that is always in use. It is the one that everyone on a team are always there. It is the one that bonds a team together. It is the one that makes young boys into men. It is the one that builds character as well as muscles. It doesn`t have to be 10,000 square feet. It doesn`t have to have the latest and most up to date equipment. It doesn`t have to have 15 ft walls that are covered in mirrors. It doesn`t have to have music being piped in on speakers every all around the room. It doesn`t have to have wall to wall carpet or fresh paint every year. The best weight room in the state is the one that sees young freshmen enter and in 4 years sees solid young men leaving.

That my friends is the best weight room in the state.

VG

Football fan10, the Goodpasture field house was paid for completely by funds raised outside of school tuition. I attended one of the dinners myself. Each year the school identifies needs/wants for the campus and has fund-raisers to meet those desires. Most, if not all of the privates I have had dealings with operate the same way.

All the equipment in the weightroom at FRA has been either donated, or the money was donated to purchase it. The tuition money does not go to the weightroom.

Crazebear, I guess we will just agree to differ. FRA's weightroom has enough room to do box jumps, jump rope, Power Cleans, Split jerk, Clean pulls, Active Dynamic warmups, etc. Am I saying it is perfect, or huge? No.

But the kids work hard and it gets the job done. Yes, the track will extend around (above)the middle school gym. I tshould be pretty nice. I have seen Goodpasture's weightroom, and you are right, there is a lot of great equipment in there. I have known Coach Martin for years, and he continues doing a great job with the kids.

Boneal, The topper weightroom is just about the same as I remember. Except for some new paint and a couple pieces of equipment. Man, I used to know some guys that would get after it in that weightroom. Good memories.

I am not running down the facility. There is plenty of good equipment in the FRA room. I particularly like the half-racks along the back wall. I have seen and worked at schools with pitiful weight rooms equipment-wise and also schools with a lot of equipment and a small area. OSHA would have a field-day with some of these places. Each strength coach has to decide what is important to the majority of their athletes and go with that equipment. Also, what Toppers would you be referring to?

The strength coach also has to look at the amount of money they have to work with in order to purchase equipment. If a program has $100,000 to purchase equipment, they would get Hammer Strength, for example. If your money is provided through donations from parents, you purchase the best and safest equipment for the money you have.

The toppers would be the Hilltoppers of WKU.

What school do you support? H.S., College