2014 4A ...... let's get real

blazer1set

1st of all, I will concede that since Fulton won it last year they should get the nod until someone knocks them off.

However I see a new 4A champion for 2014.   But first let's look at the others:

FULTON - always going to be tough, but this is a new year, last year is for historical reference only

GREENEVILLE - the GHS dominance is over

CATHOLIC - same as FULTON above

ELIZABETHTON - will be another good year

GILES - too far away, just don't know much about them.

So that leaves us with:

SULLIVAN SOUTH - the Rebels return lots of starters from a very good team last year, they have had another year to grow and mature, so I'm picking SS to be in Cookeville on Dec 5.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Giles is gonna start a lifting weights about the 1st of May for a couple of weeks. Then do a little running come July. One stater back on offense and 1.5 on defense. Got some big ole 185 pound linemen to offer up this year. Backfield looks good with some serious 4.9 speed back there. Our secondary is really slow though.  Teams ought to be able to toss the rock a lot on us. The kicker got a new square toe for Christmas. He's a booming them down to the 30 now.  So we'll try to squeak our way into the last slot come playoff time..... :ph34r:

1st of all, I will concede that since Fulton won it last year they should get the nod until someone knocks them off.

However I see a new 4A champion for 2014. But first let's look at the others:

FULTON - always going to be tough, but this is a new year, last year is for historical reference only

GREENEVILLE - the GHS dominance is over

CATHOLIC - same as FULTON above

ELIZABETHTON - will be another good year

GILES - too far away, just don't know much about them.

So that leaves us with:

SULLIVAN SOUTH - the Rebels return lots of starters from a very good team last year, they have had another year to grow and mature, so I'm picking SS to be in Cookeville on Dec 5.

Hard to say Catholic same as Fulton. Catholic returns a lot of players. Their two best players were injured last year and missed most of the season. They return this upcoming season as do a majority of their team. They started (and played) a lot of freshman and sophomores last year. They started 3 freshman on defense vs Fulton. On paper they look like they will compete, we shall see how much they've developed this off season. The Irish have 6 home games this year so it could be a special season. If memory serves me correct they return 9 starters on defense and 7 offense. Edited by QSouth89

Hard to say Catholic same as Fulton. Catholic returns a lot of players. Their two best players were injured last year and missed most of the season. They return this upcoming season as do a majority of their team. They started (and played) a lot of freshman and sophomores last year. They started 3 freshman on defense vs Fulton. On paper they look like they will compete, we shall see how much they've developed this off season. The Irish have 6 home games this year so it could be a special season. If memory serves me correct they return 9 starters on defense and 7 offense.

Can't wait!

#9 on ya expert list ran down Vaughn from behind. Don't know much about the Perry feller but if he's just one notch higher I'll have to go with the Twister feller...... :ugeek:

It's good to see 2 Giles County boys in the top ten in Tennessee though.... :thumb:

Edited by WiseOldManGiles