160- Blake Sutherland

170- Patrick Dooley

182- Chad Soloman

195- Billy Raulston

220- Sammy Evans

HWT- Nick Boykin

Josh Bosken

HCWC

This is going to be a very cool event for everyone competing thank to MasterCraft Boating and Flips Wrestling.

Awards Given:

5 MasterCraft SnapBack hats given to each teams OW

Flips Headphones given to the wrestler with the best looking 5 point throw( or kids with best 4)

Customized MasterCraft Surfboard given to overall tournament OW

Customized MasterCraft Electric Guitar given to winning team coach

Wrestling begins at 9 am at the Jones Center.

Oh, tex may not have liked my sarcasm, but actually if Welsie, Hagey and a couple of others join this MidTn team, this could be competitive. Could it be Elijah Oliver coming over to help and be a tandem with Eli King? How bout another young buck or two from the far left?

How bout a couple of undefeated's like Garrison and Kennedy? Could Shotts make some noise at 220 or 285?

Edited by Sommers

Lol whats your explanation of bosken needing to stay off the middle tenn guys

Lets see Knuckleheads have 5 open spots. If just 2 of the Middle Tenn. guys would have stayed local a couple of those spots would be filled.(Michael Moultry at 95lbs, Job Dooley 100lbs and Patrick Dooley 170lbs)    

• Upvote 1

A couple of things guys... First off we wouldn't have been able to even put this event on without the generous financial support of MASTERCRAFT BOATS who is covering the cost of this entire event and giving out amazing prizes. Honestly this time of year without that support we wouldn't have been able to attract any teams so let's try to keep the criticism to a minimum since our community needs to rally behind any companies that are willing to help support and grow TN wrestling, and especially since their upper management reads this board regularly. Secondly, this is a fun small event that we are putting on so that TN kids can get some quality matches against out of state wrestlers before S.E. and the national duals. Thirdly, the original plan there was only going to be 1 TN team, so that is why Bosken's team has kids from all over the state. Once we realized that their were a lot of other TN wrestlers who really wanted to come, and Dave wanted to put together another TN team. So, yes we could have had 1 all-star TN team but we all felt it was better to give as many TN kids as possible the opportunity to participate. In retrospect, we probably could have gotten more TN kids had we promoted this more and reached out to more TN coaches but the goal was to get TN kids some high level against out of state wrestlers and not wrestle each other again. Also, we had keep this event small since we only have the 2 mats at the Jones Center.

Edited by durdon

Ol Tex, Bradley alum, once again disgruntled...

Great job guys making this happen!

Not a bad team put together at the last minute by David Isbell!

Again, olblazedad, West, former 285 Bruno now over 320, but we got the other finalist anyway.... Very last moment! 🙌

Edited by Sommers

Apparently, no one will really want much bragging this time around. Higher Calling won vs Tn Knuckleheads, although the midtn middle schoolers won all their matches except one they had to forfeit to fellow middle Tennessean, Job Dooley at 100lb. Many of the north team's better HS guys didn't physically show up. Rex Shotts and Elijah Oliver didn't make the trip. Rico Bowen and Michael Eckhart pulled out at the last minute so they didn't have what it took to make it interesting. Tommy Brackett gave Austin Stevenson a real match and almost pulled out a win. Hamza Yunis almost pinned 2 time state champion Chad Soloman but ended up loosing a close match.

This is involving the match against Higher Calling. The Georgia Compound team had some real MS studs. Isbell was the only one from the midtn group to go undefeated for the day.

Soms, 

When referring to Tex, why do you always make references to Bradley? I'm not sure how to take your continual Bradley references. From my past experience w/ you, you're either complimentary or dishing out back-handed compliments toward myself and my program. As Steve Logsdon and Turner Jackson taught me, we're paddling our canoe. Everyone else should do the same. 

Since I was there and watching, I'll make the following corrections: "Higher Calling" never wrestled Team Knuckleheads. Now, Team Mastercraft did, which was comprised of several schools: CHS/CMS/HCWC, BCHS/BPWC, ND, Franklin, Maryville, Riverdale, McCallie, Baylor, and WV. There was pretty even distribution among most programs mentioned w/ the exception of the "solo" pick-ups. Our area is beginning to work well together and it's showing. Minus your mid-TN pick-ups, this was primarily a SE TN/almost local lineup. Why the mid-TN boys were w/ Mastercraft rather Knuckleheads...who knows? This wasn't my event or my team, so only Coach Bosken, Coach Isbell, and the wrestlers know the answer to that one. If I had to guess, Coach Bosken asked them before Knuckleheads had a team thrown together. 

Yunis/Solomon match...take the first 30-seconds out of it, and it wasn't as close as you said. And, that is NOT A KNOCK on Yunis. He 4'd Chad at the beginning...no slip...put him on his back and dang near pinned him, questionably could have. But, Chad battled back in true Solomon fashion, stayed in great position, and eventually teched him I believe. If not a tech, a 6-8 point win. Yunis looked like he lost a little steam at the end, but Chad's a grinder and persevered on this one. From what I know of both of them, they are high-quality young men. It was definitely a great match to watch. Would love to see Solomon/Kennedy! 

Huge S/O should go out to Coach Isbell and his Knucklehead lineup. Had his originally posted lineup shown up...WOW! There would have been fireworks. The kids he did bring we're high quality and looked great throughout the day. The Brackett kid is legit! Austin was even complimenting him afterwards in his comments to me and those I was sitting with. He's a CBHS kid, I believe. He'll be fun to watch over the years. I offered a few of my kids to Knuckleheads to fill the spots, but we couldn't quite make it happen. 

Nonetheless, this was a fun event and we were glad to be a part of it again as Team Mastercraft. Both TN teams sent messages and I was proud of our state. Future looks bright for a lot of teams across our state. Should be a fun few years. 

Best of luck in all you do! 

Ben Smith

• Upvote 1