McNairy Central Football 2014

The talent has been there all along. Sick of hearing that it hasn't. It's how it is utilized! We seem to have a problem with that. Hope this coach is different. I have heard that he is, but we will all see soon. Pretty sure it will be obvious if he's here to please boosters and the "somebody's" or to win ballgames.

This is spot on. Always had it and had a lot more of it staying in the hallways instead of on the field because of the political mess. While there is still some really good athletes staying in the halls, Hodge has got most of them out to the field house now. But, show the same pattern and most will go back to staying in the hallways. I have really liked a lot of things he has done and I think he is potentially setting himself up to have a lot of success in the future. But, I will tell you this, he can destroy it really quick by going that route. He will lose the players and all the community support he has got to come back.

I am with you. This team, the student body, and the community all thirst and desire for success to return to our program. I am fearful that there is quiet a bit of impatience that goes along with this. If our new coach steers or even swerves the bus in the direction of the route that we have chosen the past few years, the confidence in him and his staff will depreciate even faster than they gained it. He has a great push going even after Friday nights embarrassment. I only heard words of defense for him. Somebody please tell this guy that everyone has jumped on board for him. Don't crash and burn like the others before him. In my eyes the sky is the limit with loads of young talent and an overwhelming support. Don't wreck us before we even get started.

We want our coach back here at Dresden lol. Other than that, I've talked to him and he says he's really impressed with the support, attitude, and work ethic of the guys. He sounded very excited about everything we talked about. He's got more passion than any coach I've seen. You guys oughta stop and talk football with him and crack jokes. He's a funny guy and will blow your mind with his knowledge of the game. Good luck this season. I'd tell ya to hit somebody but Hodge knows how to make that happen

This is spot on. Always had it and had a lot more of it staying in the hallways instead of on the field because of the political mess. While there is still some really good athletes staying in the halls, Hodge has got most of them out to the field house now. But, show the same pattern and most will go back to staying in the hallways. I have really liked a lot of things he has done and I think he is potentially setting himself up to have a lot of success in the future. But, I will tell you this, he can destroy it really quick by going that route. He will lose the players and all the community support he has got to come back.

It was a jamboree? Am I right? It doesn't count in the win or lose column but it does give the coaches a better idea of what they have to work with & work on. Just like Yso said, the Hodge's have never been too concerned with winning a jamboree or a scrimmage. For goodness sake give the man more than a jamboree to prove himself. We'll gladly take him back at Dresden if you don't appreciate a coach of his caliber with his knowledge. The reason he didn't get the head coaching job at Dresden is because he didn't rub elbows with the right people. He's not going to be concerned about keeping you happy by winning a jamboree and he don't care who's kid is playing. Give him more than a jamboree....maybe even a couple seasons and I guarantee you he'll have your team winning again. That's what Chad Hodge does!

It was a jamboree? Am I right? It doesn't count in the win or lose column but it does give the coaches a better idea of what they have to work with & work on. Just like Yso said, the Hodge's have never been too concerned with winning a jamboree or a scrimmage. For goodness sake give the man more than a jamboree to prove himself. We'll gladly take him back at Dresden if you don't appreciate a coach of his caliber with his knowledge. The reason he didn't get the head coaching job at Dresden is because he didn't rub elbows with the right people. He's not going to be concerned about keeping you happy by winning a jamboree and he don't care who's kid is playing. Give him more than a jamboree....maybe even a couple seasons and I guarantee you he'll have your team winning again. That's what Chad Hodge does!

Thank you!! The year we went to state he sat some of our All-State players so we would be rested and healthy for the playoffs. Let him be

I don't care if we win a jamboree game or not. I was posting on what we looked like on Friday night and if you would have read my earlier post, it was comparing to what we looked like the week before. In fact, I have said plenty of times that I really like what Chad has done, the way he coaches, and I think he will be successful sooner rather than later. I expect the performance to be up and down at the beginning cause Chad got a late start. Yes, I would have liked to seen our starters play together cause they haven't been playing together. I understand what he is doing getting a lot of players playing time and building depth but I also feel the starters need a little time to play with each other against an opposing team to gain a feel and trust with each other. But, you're right, he shouldn't care what me or anyone else thinks.

I just stated what will happen if people feel he plays kids because of who their parents are. There is some concern of this with the current situation and there will be until all this plays out. This is what help destroy our program, it's what caused the loss of support, and kids from coming out to play. And until it's proven, it will always be a major concern with most of the fan base and that is with just about every coach that coaches at McNairy. Don't take it from just me, some Aville posters have made posts on the deep politics that go into McNairy's sports.

I was thrilled we got Coach Hodge. He was one of the main guys I hoped we could land when the job came opened. Especially with all the high praise the Dresden faithful had for him and the qualities you guys said he has. They were what this program needed to a T to get turned around especially the energy and not giving into the politics. I believe he will win here and he can win big especially in a couple a years cause he has about doubled the numbers on the team and a majority of the roster are freshmen and sophomores.

Edited by LetMeHearYA

Guest hevyrevy1611

Maybe Hodge is not up to speed on who's who in McNairy, with him being so new and all. And perhaps "their" kid showed in practices so far that they can play afterall, and thus earned a starting spot fair & square. But if it proves out they not so good in games, on the bench they WILL GO. With that many players on team (impressive!) there'll be competition for spots, shuffling around is necessary at first, but the cream will rise to top soon enough, and Bobcats will he clawing back to its winning ways sooner than later... betcha! :D

Maybe he's never done this before, but several was speaking about it tonight at the junior high games. I haven't seen this personally yet, but pretty sure it is happening. And if he isn't up to speed yet then maybe he isn't the coach u think that he is anyway. Good coaches have an eye for such things. And I'm not sure what goes on in practice, but I have seen with my own eyes the first scrimmage game and the jamboree. There wasn't a question with me or anyone else that I've talked to. Isn't game situations what matter the most. Actually, one QB kind of had a lot of folks excited. So perhaps the political roller coaster keeps rolling on. And if that's the case I know for a fact that there will be a dissapointed fan base that will gladly be ready to pack him up and send him back quicker than he arrived. Everybody wants a change here and this doesn't sound like much change.

Maybe he's never done this before, but several was speaking about it tonight at the junior high games. I haven't seen this personally yet, but pretty sure it is happening. And if he isn't up to speed yet then maybe he isn't the coach u think that he is anyway. Good coaches have an eye for such things. And I'm not sure what goes on in practice, but I have seen with my own eyes the first scrimmage game and the jamboree. There wasn't a question with me or anyone else that I've talked to. Isn't game situations what matter the most. Actually, one QB kind of had a lot of folks excited. So perhaps the political roller coaster keeps rolling on. And if that's the case I know for a fact that there will be a dissapointed fan base that will gladly be ready to pack him up and send him back quicker than he arrived. Everybody wants a change here and this doesn't sound like much change.

You'll eat those words. Our biggest donor's grandson rode the pine here. You'll see. He checks Coach t btw

Amazing how fast everyone jumped on the bandwagon...before week 0 a bump is felt and half of them have their feet hanging off ready to bail! Give the guy time to succeed or fail on his own, but you owe it to yourselves and the kids to BACK THE PROGRAM, at least until it's clear if he's the man for the job or not...sheesh!