Why keep your Prize Horse locked up, when its all on the line?

wildcatdude

I just have to ask this question as I have went over this in my head numerous times with no answer coming to mind.

If I am a High school Baseball Coach and I have The best pitcher in the State on my team, one of the top pitchers in the nation! I am in the game that will get me to the State Tournament, which is the ultimate goal of all High School baseball players, and hopefully there coaches. Why would I gamble away this chance by keeping this amazing talent off the mound in a game that is do or die? Here are the only answers I came up with.

1. REST

2. He is injured.

3. He is not there.

Ok lets rule out the obvious.

Pitched on Monday. 3 Days Rest. Not injured, Came in to pitch in last inning, when we were behind? And yes he was there. I need a little help here????????

Not having Mickey Lett in the lineup is the reason Tullahoma didn't make state. Coach White learned from Jordan getting hurt last year. I don't think people realize how long its takes to recover from Tommy John. And would you like to be known has the coach who lost 2 kids millilions of dollars.

Edited by mjuhb

I'll be glad to help you here J.B. 

#1. If you were the coach you would not care about your players future, you are what is best to glorify me at all cost person.

#2. Not having Mikey Lett in the line-up killed the cat line-up because he was on fire at the plate.

#3. Tyler Burns did more than enough to win the game from a pitching standpoint.

#4 The cats made two errors critical errors and the cats just did not hit the ball good enough to win.

I hope that cleared things up for you Joe B.

Justus pitched 2/3's of the last inning. So if you are not going to start him then why would he pitch at all. If Tullahoma would of tied the game up you can not tell me that Justus would of not pitched how ever many extra innings there were. If Scott Jones would of closed out the game then there would be less of a dispute because you can really say the coach was looking out for Justus's future, but that is not how it went down. Any rebuttal hw?

I'll be glad to help you here J.B. 

#1. If you were the coach you would not care about your players future, you are what is best to glorify me at all cost person.

#2. Not having Mikey Lett in the line-up killed the cat line-up because he was on fire at the plate.

#3. Tyler Burns did more than enough to win the game from a pitching standpoint.

#4 The cats made two errors critical errors and the cats just did not hit the ball good enough to win.

I hope that cleared things up for you Joe B.

Not sure who Joe B. is but he probably would not be happy that someone used his name. Funny thing is I was not using any names in original post! Doesn't make any difference now anyway its all history.

The Cookeville paper said that the THS coach held Sheffield out because of a high pitch count on Monday (sounds like he did not want to risk an injury to his athlete who will go on to bigger and better things). The THS coach is to be commended and not criticized for his decision IMHO.

• Upvote 1