DB vs. South

blazer1set

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

South won 5 - 2 with the starters (i can't remember if the second strings scored against each other but it was mostly a stalemate).  South moved the ball on DB fairly easily.  DB's upcoming sophomore QB looked pretty good though.

Sounds like South is what I thought they would be this year,loaded.I think they have a window this year but it will still be tough with Fulton waiting on this areas teams every year .Good luck to the Rebs on a great season.

Thanks Batman, good luck to the Tribe also.  Should be a good year for the Rebels if we can keep everyone healthy.  I look for DB to be better this year and from what i know about the upcoming classes at DB they should be loaded for the next few years. 

Thanks Batman, good luck to the Tribe also.  Should be a good year for the Rebels if we can keep everyone healthy.  I look for DB to be better this year and from what i know about the upcoming classes at DB they should be loaded for the next few years. 

If DB can keep all the talent that I know is coming and a couple of new monsters I just heard about,it could be at the very least,interesting over the next few years.How many times have we seen kids get burned out or not do the right things to be able to play.I've talked about this bunch for the last few years and now we will see what happens

Two thoughts:

1. DB got extremely lucky when South decided they didn't want to play with the big boys.

2. This is the time of year that the good ole boys over at South screw everything up for the fall. Talent is there, obvious Conference champs, could even be undefeated despite the "coaching", but that will be that.

Sounds like South is what I thought they would be this year,loaded.I think they have a window this year but it will still be tough with Fulton waiting on this areas teams every year .Good luck to the Rebs on a great season.

Catholic will be the bigger challenge I think Batman. This season anyway.

IMO, the road to the 4A championship will go through Catholic.  Saw them in a scrimmage, and believe it or not, the thing that I thought while watching them was how much they reminded me of Maryville with how disciplined, organized, and well coached they were.  I'm not saying they are at Maryville level yet, but you can tell in a hurry how well coached they are.  They had beaten West in a scrimmage the week before.  I know these are meaningless spring scrimmages, but, barring injury, I expect them to play for the 4A title.

I was told by a player from db "actually a baseball player that plays football " that db has been focusing on a couple styles of defense and not souths at all ... they said once the coaches got them going it was about even ... who knows thats what i heard " but yes south should be good this year good luck to kingsport sullivan south and a injury free year ...