DB vs. South

blazer1set

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was told by a player from db "actually a baseball player that plays football " that db has been focusing on a couple styles of defense and not souths at all ... they said once the coaches got them going it was about even ... who knows thats what i heard " but yes south should be good this year good luck to kingsport sullivan south and a injury free year ...

Sounds like a pretty good excuse lol

A scrimmage is just a practice.I don't know of the times I've watched Maryville scrimmage and think,yep they are pretty good but are they as good as last year. I'm as guilty as the next fan not wanting to see your team get the crap beat out of them in a scrimmage,but it is the place to find out different things about your team.When DB and Greeneville scrimmage,it's a tough matchup every time because the old time players and fans like myself always remind the young kids what it use to be { even though DB hardly ever lost when it was for real }.I'll always tell the DB kids what it means to the Greeneville boys and be ready to get hit like no other time.Also, know the refs will not give you a break in my old home town either when it's in G-town.

Edited by BatmanDB

Two thoughts: 1. DB got extremely lucky when South decided they didn't want to play with the big boys. 2. This is the time of year that the good ole boys over at South screw everything up for the fall. Talent is there, obvious Conference champs, could even be undefeated despite the "coaching", but that will be that.

One thought: South can't beat DB in a real game. I don't care what kind of team they have this year. Anybody that would argue that just needs to study history. It can't be done.

One thought: South can't beat DB in a real game. I don't care what kind of team they have this year. Anybody that would argue that just needs to study history. It can't be done.

Yes. Extremely Lucky. You know it. Otherwise, you'd be on here telling us every detail of how DB whooped South in the scrimmages over the past two years. IMO, South has fielded the better team. But we will never know for sure.

My main point, however, was how South's "Leaders" took the short sighted and self serving decision not to play up and will never win the "big" game.

Yes. Extremely Lucky. You know it. Otherwise, you'd be on here telling us every detail of how DB whooped South in the scrimmages over the past two years. IMO, South has fielded the better team. But we will never know for sure.

My main point, however, was how South's "Leaders" took the short sighted and self serving decision not to play up and will never win the "big" game.

I don't think you can find a post of mine putting any importance in a scrimmage except it being a glorified practice. Something I have noticed during the years South "don't" play DB. That seems to be the years they always "field the best team". Here's something I know for sure. South hasn't beat DB in 20 years. That includes two years where South was trying to figure out how bad they were going to run the score up on DB. Some people might remember the score in 2006 (((44-0))).  We've seen this movie before but if you guys want to "prove" your "the best team on the field" get back on the schedule. 

I don't think you can find a post of mine putting any importance in a scrimmage except it being a glorified practice. Something I have noticed during the years South "don't" play DB. That seems to be the years they always "field the best team". Here's something I know for sure. South hasn't beat DB in 20 years. That includes two years where South was trying to figure out how bad they were going to run the score up on DB. Some people might remember the score in 2006 (((44-0))).  We've seen this movie before but if you guys want to "prove" your "the best team on the field" get back on the schedule. 

And DB beat Maryville in 1923. Whatever. DB is extremely lucky they didn't play South last year or this year for that matter. IMO, South, who is not "my" team, was the better team. But we will never know for sure.

Graham Clark destroyed this rivalry.

How did he do that? By whipping Stacy Carters pansy butt every time they played? South couldnt beat DB last year and they wouldn't this year. You people need to get a grip on reality or get your prescriptions changed. Yes South has some good players, I will give you that but 6A is a whole different league. Keep playing Okie Dokie High and beat Gate City every other year and be happy. But stop poking the giant because he just might have to get up and squash you. But then again, you would just keep coming back like a pesky knat. ROLL TRIBE