MJ coaching search

QuickStrike

• 4 weeks later...

A friend of mine wrote this in his newspaper:  http://www.wilsonpost.com/purvis-to-return-as-mj-baseball-coach-cms-83856

Purvis to return as MJ baseball coach

By: TOMMY BRYAN
Published: July 11, 2014

What school board members are "FORCING" Coach Brown to ignore the past indiscretions of Purvis and rename him the head baseball coach at Mt.Juliet?  I am shocked that Coach Brown is going along with this change.

As you know that is only the tip of the iceberg.

I take it that you aren't thrilled with this hire. I don't really have a horse in this race, but I had heard some things about purvis. Sounds like a lot of coaching problems at mj right now if the parents/community aren't happy.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• RR, you might remember. Didn’t someone hide the kicking shoe that game? It seems I remember we had missed a kick the week before, and we needed all the points we could get. We thought we had a better chance going for two, so $?&@$ hid the shoe after the first miss that game. No one on our sideline looked for it very hard.
    • I will never forget the 1983 Heritage vs Maryville game. I remember driving home and listening to WGAP. Can't remember the announcers name. He asked Coach Story why he kept going for 2? Story told him " Why didn't you ask Renfro that last year"
    • TSSAA will let them all go to Mase.
    • Well nothing new, the Mustangs are really talented again this coming season!  They very well could go undefeated in regular season.  We shall see what happens in postseason.  I think the path to state title game is a little clearer than years past.  I think the Stangs are going to be really good and I think the traditional teams around in 2A are not going to be as strong.  It should be a fun season!