So what would D2 football look like if the split happens...?

y2kgt46

The privates will have no problem with scheduling after the split.  Plus, the public schools are the ones kicking the privates out.  Why would you play people that don't want you around?

Because you wouldn't have enough teams to make a 10 game season for all the privates if you didn't play public I would assume. I could be wrong, do you know the answer to that? On top of that, public schools don't mind playing privates during regular season, they just don't feel it's fair when playoff time rolls around to have to play a private that recruits and can pick and choose kids so freely.

If the privates do leave don't expect any tssaa school to play them. That would be the biggest deterrent.

They will still play. Maybe take a 2-4 yr break to satisfy their peers but trust me they will still play. Good teams/programs (public or privates) want quality opponents on the schedule prior to playoffs beginning. TC & FC both bring big gates & an opponent who prepares the other for the playoff atmosphere. If faced with the dilemma of traveling 30-45 minutes to play an old rival or 3-5 hours to face an out-of-state opponent either would choose the first option.

They will still play. Maybe take a 2-4 yr break to satisfy their peers but trust me they will still play. Good teams/programs (public or privates) want quality opponents on the schedule prior to playoffs beginning. TC & FC both bring big gates & an opponent who prepares the other for the playoff atmosphere. If faced with the dilemma of traveling 30-45 minutes to play an old rival or 3-5 hours to face an out-of-state opponent either would choose the first option.

I don't think so. If so...will be a long time in the future.

Lets look at friendship for example.  They could play DCA, Davidson, FRA, Mt Juliet Christian, Ezell, Nashville Christian,  Goodpasture, Columbia Academy, Zion Christian, Lancaster, Clarksville Academy, CPA, Lipscomb, JPII.  That's 14 schools, you just would need nine.  Like I said, not an issue.

Lets look at friendship for example. They could play DCA, Davidson, FRA, Mt Juliet Christian, Ezell, Nashville Christian, Goodpasture, Columbia Academy, Zion Christian, Lancaster, Clarksville Academy, CPA, Lipscomb, JPII. That's 14 schools, you just would need nine. Like I said, not an issue.

i agree there are many quality opponents out there Fred but I still think natural public rivals, like TC, who aren't scared to play the big bad privates would still play us and I think FC from a competition & gate standpoint would still want TC as opposed to Zion, Ezell, or MTCS. Additionally, there could be 3 classes in a new private division with the split and teams like CPA, Goodpasture, JP2, Bga, & Webb will be in a larger class.