2014 Class 3A Coaches Poll

AllRegion

+100

We take pride in beating the private schools. :mrgreen:  Let's see Alcoa has won a total of 16 state championships (all sports - majority in football 14, basketball 2 (1959 & 1967) and golf 2013)  What other sports are you beating the privates in?  Certainly not basketball, soccer, baseball, tennis, wrestling, track, volleyball, etc.

Alcoa is no doubt great in football but be realistic. You have more of an advantage recruiting football players than any private school

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't give the 3a title to Alcoa just yet, CPA learned a lot about what it takes in the title game last year and look for them to take the next step this year. Ingle has improved this program every year since he arrived. Only one more game to win this year and then look for CPA to have a long run of championships in football.

Is that you, Sportsnerd???? Lol! Or, could it be our old friend CyanideMetal??? CPA learned what it felt like to get steamrolled play after play last year. Look for it to be much worse this year!!! Can't wait!! Lol!

Don't give the 3a title to Alcoa just yet, CPA learned a lot about what it takes in the title game last year and look for them to take the next step this year. Ingle has improved this program every year since he arrived. Only one more game to win this year and then look for CPA to have a long run of championships in football.

There's not a day that goes by where I don't think about CPA beating Cheatham County in the quarterfinals of the 2012 playoffs. The Cubs downfall that night was not being able to cover CPA's wideouts and Mitchell was extremely accurate in that game.

The crazy thing is that the Cubs of 2 years ago matched up very well with teams that lined up and ran downhill. I won't say that Cheatham County would have beaten Milan in 2012 however I will say that they matched up much better to Milan's style of play than they did to that of CPA.

That's all irrelevant now but I couldn't help but to take a trip down memory lane. Class 3A goes through Alcoa. I believe their biggest challengers are the 2 private schools in the east (CAK and Notre Dame) and in the midstate (CPA and Lipscomb). I don't believe that any of the public schools in 3A can match up well with any of them.

There's not a day that goes by where I don't think about CPA beating Cheatham County in the quarterfinals of the 2012 playoffs. The Cubs downfall that night was not being able to cover CPA's wideouts and Mitchell was extremely accurate in that game.

The crazy thing is that the Cubs of 2 years ago matched up very well with teams that lined up and ran downhill. I won't say that Cheatham County would have beaten Milan in 2012 however I will say that they matched up much better to Milan's style of play than they did to that of CPA.

That's all irrelevant now but I couldn't help but to take a trip down memory lane. Class 3A goes through Alcoa. I believe their biggest challengers are the 2 private schools in the east (CAK and Notre Dame) and in the midstate (CPA and Lipscomb). I don't believe that any of the public schools in 3A can match up well with any of them.

Lipscomb isn't the Lipscomb of old my friend, the talent has dropped off big time year after year! To be honest and I hate to say it but after watching Alcoa play in the championship this past yr and watching them warm up and seeing the 2nd and 3rd teams they have, Alcoa will dominate all 3A teams again this yr!!!!! One more thing, Lewis Co matched up better against Alcoa last year better than CPA did. CPA never would adjust  against Alcoa's power run game, they just sit back and played there base defense like always. Just my opinion though!

Edited by alltime

I hope Waverly is much improved. However they shouldn't expect top of district this year. Just being competitive in a very tough district would be a big step. Its still LC Fairview and Camden at top.

Waverly doesn't expect to be top of district..its gonna take hard work and they have definitely been working hard. You get out what you put in. I think its possible though just from what Ive seen in the spring. The talent & work ethic is there. New Head Coach McConnell and his young staff are doing good things. The community is fired up. Waverly football is back.

Waverly doesn't expect to be top of district..its gonna take hard work and they have definitely been working hard. You get out what you put in. I think its possible though just from what Ive seen in the spring. The talent & work ethic is there. New Head Coach McConnell and his young staff are doing good things. The community is fired up. Waverly football is back.

Anytime a program like Waverly has fallen to the bottom it does take hard work from the coaches, players and community but it will take time, it won't happen over night! (look at the Tennessee vols program, it will take a couple of yrs) Good luck to the tigers this yr!

That's OK, keep hating and making fun. I will be the first to say how impressive Alcoa's program in football has been and continues to be. I for one do not believe that Alcoa needs to go after any players, Alcoa's program attracts players. When you become that good, players seek you. With that being said, and keep poking fun if you will, but if you go back three short years ago and look at the sad state that was CPA football and see what leaps and bounds Coach Martin has made, you will see the same effect take place that has occurred in basketball at CPA, players will seek out CPA, just like Alcoa. I'm not saying CPA will win the gold ball every year, but Alcoa's days of running through 3a will be challenged by the new 3a power in middle TN.