2014 9AAA

eers

Based on what I'm hearing of the scrimmages and such, it seems as though all of the district teams have a way to go before being half as competitive as last year, with an exception going to Lebanon and Gallatin. Gallatin has many athletes in this next coming up year and Lebanon's running attack will be difficult to stop, especially with the district's run D looking a little thinner this preseason. I feel

1) H'ville

2) Beech

3) and 4) SC or Gallatin

5) MJ

6) and 7) WC or Lebanon

8) Portland bringing up the rear.

All opinions of a comparatively uneducated soul, don't spite me too much.

confucius say...if Beech is the 2nd best team in 9AAA this year....well let me say this...Portland, SC and WC looked better than them to me at our 7 on 7 event...but you may be exactly right...Let me say this TC beat Beech 7 tds to 2 tds....TC beat Portland 3 tds to 0 tds in 7 on 7 and TC starters beat SC 3-1 in 11 on 11 full contact yesterday. 

confucius say...if Beech is the 2nd best team in 9AAA this year....well let me say this...Portland, SC and WC looked better than them to me at our 7 on 7 event...but you may be exactly right...Let me say this TC beat Beech 7 tds to 2 tds....TC beat Portland 3 tds to 0 tds in 7 on 7 and TC starters beat SC 3-1 in 11 on 11 full contact yesterday. 

While that may be true, Beech has never been a passing offense. Their strength has been and most likely will stay in their running game. Divison 9AAA also will most likely be a running district also with several green QBs. The only team i can see airing it out on anything besides 2nd or 3rd and long plays is Station Camp really. Hendersonville possibly could, with Elston but that's not how they do things.

confucius say....i'm hearing that when Williams loses to TC again this year...he'll get his walking papers!! can you confirm this?

I can confirm Slim, that you have a Gallatin complex for some reason. Don't think that Hartsville's win is going to be the norm. Things play out different from the Jackets Nest!

I can confirm Slim, that you have a Gallatin complex for some reason. Don't think that Hartsville's win is going to be the norm. Things play out different from the Jackets Nest!

confucius say...are you accusing us of getting home cooking last year?...I think not!!!!...The biggest bowl of mess cooked all year was the Greenwaves win over Hendersonville....you post up the videos of both games and let the readers decide who paid who!!!!   Greenwave better get ready this year...we gonna leave NO DOUBT who the best team is!!!!

ps...i like Williams as a coach...at least he would play us!!!

Edited by confuciuschang

I wish I had them both so I could!!! Hartsville better bring the entire county because you will need every single one you to cheer your team to a victory. Besides I like huge crowds!!

Ps....I like your coach too, he is a good one. I also respect your tradition and atmosphere at the Creekbank.

I wish I had them both so I could!!! Hartsville better bring the entire county because you will need every single one you to cheer your team to a victory. Besides I like huge crowds!!

Ps....I like your coach too, he is a good one. I also respect your tradition and atmosphere at the Creekbank.

Its funny how some think 7 on 7 and scrimmages determine how good or bad a team will be. All they are is a glorified practice ; a chance to evaluate players under game type scenarios.

Blackman lost to Franklin in a scrimmage  and I don't hear anyone talking about how Blackman must be over rated or Franklin should now be a top team in the state.

Its funny how some think 7 on 7 and scrimmages determine how good or bad a team will be. All they are is a glorified practice ; a chance to evaluate players under game type scenarios.

Blackman lost to Franklin in a scrimmage  and I don't hear anyone talking about how Blackman must be over rated or Franklin should now be a top team in the state.

confucius say...you ever been told you practice like you play?...did you know losing is contagious?

confucius say...you ever been told you practice like you play?...did you know losing is contagious?

Meaning with effort, intensity and focusing on details. In practice you don't see only the starters getting reps. Your building experience and depth. Don't get me wrong; you always want to win; but it is not the key objective in a scrimmage or teams would leave their best players in the entire time.

Edited by BKisler

After reading earlier on Coach T that Blackman lost to Franklin; I now read that Blackman beat Franklin.

Scrimmages are not necessarily an indicator of how well or poor a team will preform in the season.