2014 9AAA

eers

I think some of you are putting the cart before the horse.  It is ok to speculate what everyone's enrollment numbers will be, but they won't be using the numbers from the previous classification.  The numbers that will be used, will be based on this year's school enrollment which won't be available from the state department of education until about October.  All of the schools who were on the borderline based on the previous classification numbers may move up or down based on this years number. I would think that Hendersonville, SC, Beech, Gallatin, all have experienced growth in their student population.  I would believe that Portland has probably been fairly steady.  I would assume the same would be tru for the Wilson County Schools.  It will also depend on other school systems as well.  In Rutherford County new schools such as Stewart's Creek, Williamson County's Summit and Nolensville High Schools and others may make a difference.  In other words, some schools are gonna be happy while others are gonna be extremely disappointed.  There will always be a largest school in each classification and a smallest school in each classification.  

But, don't despair.  One thing is for certain, it will probably change in a couple of years. It always does.  Eventually, everyone will be a state champion. 

Those enrollment numbers will be official on the 20th day of school, when they're submitted to the TSSAA office. With Maryville already volunteering to move up, Wilson Central is that much closer to coming back to 5A. They should hope to do so, unless they want to be shoved in a region with all the Rutherford County schools. Mt. Juliet is likely there, too. Portland is a benefactor, yes, but all that does is put them back on a somewhat-level playing field. Don't expect them to rise from the ashes and revert to the late 90s Panthers. The current 9AAA schools could benefit, if the newcomers are teams such as Hunters Lane and Hillwood. I bet they'd be glad to trade Mt. Juliet and Wilson Central for Hunters Lane and Hillwood, plus an extra non-district game, as the new district will probably only have seven teams. We'll know in November what this thing is going to look like, but the only losers in this change are Mt. Juliet and Wilson Central.

Those enrollment numbers will be official on the 20th day of school, when they're submitted to the TSSAA office. With Maryville already volunteering to move up, Wilson Central is that much closer to coming back to 5A. They should hope to do so, unless they want to be shoved in a region with all the Rutherford County schools. Mt. Juliet is likely there, too. Portland is a benefactor, yes, but all that does is put them back on a somewhat-level playing field. Don't expect them to rise from the ashes and revert to the late 90s Panthers. The current 9AAA schools could benefit, if the newcomers are teams such as Hunters Lane and Hillwood. I bet they'd be glad to trade Mt. Juliet and Wilson Central for Hunters Lane and Hillwood, plus an extra non-district game, as the new district will probably only have seven teams. We'll know in November what this thing is going to look like, but the only losers in this change are Mt. Juliet and Wilson Central.

Personally I would rather keep Wilson Central and Mt Juliet with good fanbases and respectable teams rather than no fans and bottom feeder schools like Hillwood and Hunters Lane. JMO

Amen, no one up here is even thinking that far, at least the ones that are realistic, lol.. All I ever said was put us on a level playing field. I will take David vs David, any day, David vs Goliath gets real old, real quick. Like I said, I think it will be good for all of Sumner County .http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/sumner/2014/08/11/downturn/13933775/

Amen, no one up here is even thinking that far, at least the ones that are realistic, lol.. All I ever said was put us on a level playing field. I will take David vs David, any day, David vs Goliath gets real old, real quick. Like I said, I think it will be good for all of Sumner County .http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/sumner/2014/08/11/downturn/13933775/

According to that article, it will go back to 1 vs 4 and 2 vs 3 by regions. But in what I've also read is that classes 1-5 would still use the top 32.. I'm officially confused

Kisler, what is the outlook from MJ on all this.  I feel that no matter what the numbers look like that MJ will be firmly planted in this classification.  I know a lot of people do not want to be stuck with the M-boro schools.  

I do wonder if a team like Maryville wants in if they have to set things up with a school in that area that wants out or if they will replace the #32 school?!?!  This is a strange set up but I understand it.  I'm really glad that a team like Maryville is wanting to play up to the level of teams they should be playing with.  Portland will finally stop having to complain about facing teams that the Perry's would have wanted to play while they were there.

Kisler, what is the outlook from MJ on all this.  I feel that no matter what the numbers look like that MJ will be firmly planted in this classification.  I know a lot of people do not want to be stuck with the M-boro schools.  

I do wonder if a team like Maryville wants in if they have to set things up with a school in that area that wants out or if they will replace the #32 school?!?!  This is a strange set up but I understand it.  I'm really glad that a team like Maryville is wanting to play up to the level of teams they should be playing with.  Portland will finally stop having to complain about facing teams that the Perry's would have wanted to play while they were there.

HHS; I know the coaching staff does not like the " Super 6" idea and everyone making the playoffs. They prefer the 5 class system. With that being said; MJ doesn't mind playing Murfreesboro teams or any other teams. They look at it as the best competition only makes you better. If the regions go as some have proposed it will; MJ will not have any M'boro schools in their region.

it is my understanding; and I maybe wrong on this; but for a team to move up; a team must decide to move down; then it goes to the next largest school and it is their choice to move up or stay in 5 A. If this is the case; there would have to be several teams move down and others decide not to move up before Maryville can move up.

Just my thoughts; but I would love have the opportunity to play Maryville and any of the other top programs. To be the best you have to beat the best.

I just hate the idea of losing great rivalries like we have in 9AAA now. They don't get any better and with great fan bases.

I agree. Right now we have a natural set up and quality teams. Travel distances are not a factor and traditional rivalries are intact. Hate losing some of the Wilson County schools if the enrollment dictates because these games are fun to watch.

:popcorneater: your posts are entertaining  :popcorneater:

I just hate the idea of losing great rivalries like we have in 9AAA now. They don't get any better and with great fan bases.

This is true. I dread the idea of getting put in with metro teams again. I'm pretty sure we lost money when we played those schools back 10 years ago. Maybe the coaches will still get some good games together.