2014 9AAA

eers

One thing about it, this Friday night we cant lose :rolleyes: . Pray yall have safe games, and good luck to all the Sumner County teams......off week, then we host Hendersonville....wow.

Look forward to coming to P town next Friday. Great atmosphere, good food at the concession stand, ,up close and personal view of an oncoming train and the best high school photographer around in Southernfried.

Look forward to coming to P town next Friday. Great atmosphere, good food at the concession stand, ,up close and personal view of an oncoming train and the best high school photographer around in Southernfried.

LOL thanks any player you want me to watch for? I already have to get some of Coach Raper for his wife, being "family" and all (on my wifes side), and my buddy's kid plays. It is a great atmosphere, liked to have been here back in their run at the state a decade ago. 

Ah, the good ol' days! Now those were some great times! I hope we can eventually get back to those winning ways again. Maybe after this year, when we move back down.

PPride, there seems to be this thought from all the Portland fans that things will be fixed once they move back down.  I just don't see that being the case.  The problem is deeper than that.  Let's look at that a little deeper (and I do mean a LITTLE).  They are currently losing to the same teams they'll be playing next year.  The real benefit is moving back to Regions v. District and smaller opponents being more willing to put them on the schedule since they will no longer be punished for out of district losses.  I'm thinking they need to schedule Red Boiling Springs, Sale Creek, Houston County, etc. for their out of region games.  Maybe pick up a win or two.

It's not just dropping to 4A that changes it and to think so is just not accurate.  As I said before, the problem is a lot deeper.

***Add Fayette Ware***

Edited by eers

PPride, there seems to be this thought from all the Portland fans that things will be fixed once they move back down.  I just don't see that being the case.  The problem is deeper than that.  Let's look at that a little deeper (and I do mean a LITTLE).  They are currently losing to the same teams they'll be playing next year.  The real benefit is moving back to Regions v. District and smaller opponents being more willing to put them on the schedule since they will no longer be punished for out of district losses.  I'm thinking they need to schedule Red Boiling Springs, Sale Creek, Houston County, etc. for their out of region games.  Maybe pick up a win or two.

It's not just dropping to 4A that changes it and to think so is just not accurate.  As I said before, the problem is a lot deeper.

***Add Fayette Ware***

I don't know. Everything went very well for us until 2005, when we moved up in classification. I know it's based on enrollment, but we have had little or no success since then. Putting us against 6A schools sure hasn't helped us any either. I'm sure there are other factors that most don't know about. All I know is , it's hard on the young men who go out there and work their tails off all week in practice.

Edited by PPride

I'm not disagreeing that it will be better.  Removing the 5A/6A schools helps, but they aren't beating the 3A/4A teams on the schedule right now.  They need to really work on that out of region schedule to get some wins and build the confidence in the program once again.  A couple of wins really goes a long way in the minds of HS kids, both those that are on the team and those that are in the hallways...

I will tell you I have been completely shocked by the Portland fans showing up like they do it the midst of this storm.

All of you are right, will moving down help us? YES, Will moving down answer all our prayers? NO. 3 years ago we went 5-5 and lost in the first round of the playoffs. You'd think, wow, ok, here we go, getting things back on track. Next season 0-10 and a majority of the coaching staff are gone. I think that was our 3rd or 4th coaching change in less than 6 years. Now we have another hard working staff and right now, 0-5. They are working just has hard as the previous staff. Same result. As I was standing there on the sideline tonight,  taking photos of the Freshman game vs White House (we lost 30something to nothing), I made the comment, "I've said it before, and I will say it again, its the parents fault. Its all in the genes". Its that way in all sports, every where, not just Portland. The bigger the town, the higher statistical probability, there will be more athletes. The higher the level, statistically you need more athletes. Portland was thrust into a higher level, and the numbers just are not there.  I have a son that plays, his talent level solely resides on mine and his Mamma's genes. I never played football a day in my life, what he has learned about football he has learned from his coaches, since he was 8/9, I don't know squat. Listening to a lot of the remarks being thrown at the kids from the stands, there is a lot of that going around. I couldn't name but 3 positions if I had to, qb, rb and cb, and that's because he plays 2 of those and it is not qb.  BUT, the kids that have stuck it out, listened to all the nonsense from the stands, have the biggest hearts in the world, and are playing for nothing right now but pride. I love them for it. Plain and simple, Portland is doing all they can with the few brave young men that show up to play. All of our programs are doing what they can with what they got, and I applaud any kid that steps up to play any sport up here. That is why I take the photos that I do, its for the kids. I'm off my soap box, forgive me for the long post, but,  high school sports are cyclical,  and its all in the parents genes, if ya don't believe that, you've never coached.........oh and for the parents screaming "block somebody",or "hit somebody", the kids are laughing at you. You think they are out there letting people by them on purpose? IF so, please stop coming, they don't need nor want your support. They have had enough of it for years. They have coaches on the sideline that will coach them, and tell them what they are doing wrong, that's not your job, it is theirs. Your job as a fan is to support the kids, KIDS is all they are....Put yourself in their shoes, your at work, doing all you can do, to do a good job, and all your boss tells you, is that your not doing a good job at all, and suck at it. How long would you work there.....and these kids keep showing up, for every game,  for their town. God love them for it. I Pray everyone has a safe game this week, with no injuries. We play Goliath( Hendersonville) next week, but David will show up no matter who. LOL .........remember if anyone from Hville wants a photo just tell me the players number. Whoop whoop!