Distrct 11-AAA in 2014

Yeah. Looks like Crawford got out at the right time.

Crawford left a year before the team had 36 seniors and went 9-1. Pemberton came and all of a sudden the team doesn't weightlift anymore. Sometime I wonder if he made the non-distrct schedule as hard as he could make it knowing he would leave and then announce his resignation mere days before spring practice. Edited by LoveForTheGame

Centennial faced stacked boxes all last year. They passed enough and it will be better this year. With the QB's back and Hall it can only get better. If you know football the real problem was not a lack of passing but was a last place defense. You can't win giving up 30 points a game.

I hope the QBs step up.  With Wisniowski gone, do they have anyone to compliment Hall?  Rector is yet to have a stellar defense at CHS so you're right, that's got to improve.

Both of the QB's at CHS have varsity experience, Roth started last year and Rietveld at Ravenwood his sophomore year.

Experience is great but ability is the question.  At best, Roth was mediocre last year but Rietveld couldn't unseat him.  I hope one or both have a good year because it will make the conference race more interesting. 

Experience is great but ability is the question. At best, Roth was mediocre last year but Rietveld couldn't unseat him. I hope one or both have a good year because it will make the conference race more interesting.

Rietveld was great on the freshman team his freshman year but was undersized and spotty his sophomore year starting varsity. Part of that was inexperience as he went against juniors and seniors. I looked at him and thought of him as someone who would blossom and be good or even great his senior year. Only time will tell if he can do that, but he will have to if Centennial is to contend for district. Edited by LoveForTheGame

Saw Indy play Smyrna tonight. I left when the JVs came on the field and I saw lightening on the horizon. Perfect metaphor for what I saw on the field. Indy was up 20-0. Bunch looked strong

at QB. The backup is a tall athletic sophomore. The Eagles go 6-7 deep at receiver. I was real impressed with #19/ Huner. Two of the receivers also take turns at RB. Childress is a threat to break it with all that speed. But the every down back is is Pope. He's a strong FB type. But very athletic. The o line has a lot more depth than last year. Still not a lot of size but big enough. Definitely bigger than last year. The defensive line is still small but very aggressive. Their scheme allows their athletic safeties and linebackers to be in on almost every play. They swarm. The corners are talented... Another Stribling taking over for big brother. They have a lot of juniors playing key roles. The Eagles are going to be a tough out for 11AAA opponents.

Want to know from the Ravenwood fans out there a comparison between Beech and WC

Just from the quick eye test I felt like WC was a much more complete team.  The Beech backs were impressive but that was about it.  WC seemed to be more balanced on offense and defense, kind of glad we don't play them in the regular season.  I will be interested to see who wins between the two during he regular season but if I was a betting man I would put my money on WC by 10-14 points.