District 4AA 2014-15

QSouth89

If there's a year to beat Catholic this is the year. For the next three years (counting this one) they will return at least 10 players from the previous one. This year (20014-15) they return 11 of 14 players. Next year (2015-16) they will return 10 of 14 and will only have 2 seniors on the varsity. The incoming freshman class this year is deep and very talented as well Cam Whaley, Cam Blakley, Joe Fluker, DJ Mitchell, Jack Sompayrac, Jackson Rowan, Sean Purcell, and Caleb McLaughlin (who is already 6'4 and just turned 14). Looking forward to watching them and the sophomore class develop.

Edited by QSouth89

If there's a year to beat Catholic this is the year. For the next three years (counting this one) they will return at least 10 players from the previous one. This year (20014-15) they return 11 of 14 players. Next year (2015-16) they will return 10 of 14 and will only have 2 seniors on the varsity. The incoming freshman class this year is deep and very talented as well Cam Whaley, Cam Blakley, Joe Fluker, DJ Mitchell, Jack Sompayrac, Jackson Rowan, Sean Purcell, and Caleb McLaughlin (who is already 6'4 and just turned 14). Looking forward to watching them and the sophomore class develop.

It sounds to me as though Hutch will take them back to the state tournament in the very near future.

We lost so much and I haven't even seen a roster or talked to the coaches much about this season, so that's why I'm keeping it quiet right now, because I'm in the dark myself.

It sounds to me as though Hutch will take them back to the state tournament in the very near future.

We lost so much and I haven't even seen a roster or talked to the coaches much about this season, so that's why I'm keeping it quiet right now, because I'm in the dark myself.

After looking at the Irish schedule it appears they will be playing the road warriors early 7 of their first 10 games are on the road including trips to Austin-East, Grace, Webb, and Stewart's Creek in Smyrna.

Good for Hutch, testing his team early like that. The Irish will be dangerous again this year.

Anyone from, Kingston, Scott, or CAKe care to chime in? I can go back and forth with Q (and eventually IrishBBall) all day long. We got 2 out of 5 teams covered. Where are the other 3 at?

I guess everyone is in football mode lol

I will speak on CAK and a little on everyone else.

Catholic: Loaded and will be one of the best team in any class. Has a great coaching staff that do what they do and they do it very well. Don't know much about their freshman but hear they are really good.  Catholic hasn't been healthy in a while so that will new to everyone in 4AA seeing them at full strength.

Alcoa: Lost a lot. Will be big and athletic and the young kids are really good.  Excited to see Coach K get to have his own kids.  Tough sometimes taking over a senior laden group that was used to playing for someone else.  Coach K will be a good stamp on his program this year.

Scott: Said it last year they would be a sleeper team.  Not going to be a sleeper team because we all know they are good and well coached.  Probably have the best scorer in the district in Butts.  Senior guards are so very important.  Jared may one of the best young coaches in East Tennessee.

Kingston: Return a lot of guys and has a coach that always puts them in position to win and be successful.  They have a senior guard who is very good and Tyler Thompson has grew to around 6'4.  Losing Quint Gasque was a major blow.

CAK: Was below average this summer but always seem to struggle in summer play.  Lucas Campbell will be one of the top players in the region.  They return a lot of players but lost a lot of scoring and leadership in the two seniors.  Not sure if the transfer is playing.  

Schedule will be a lot of fun with games at: Oak Ridge, Hardin Valley, FRA, and nationally ranked CPA in Nashville.  Look for a game with Hamilton Heights or Ensworth a possibility as CAK has one more game to fill.  These games will prepare CAK for the tough district schedule.