District 4AA 2014-15

QSouth89

I don't think the reclassification involves basketball. For instance Catholic would move to 5A football but still play 2A basketball. Alcoa may drop down for football and stay in 2A in basketball. The reason is we are more than likely going to have a private/public split so the T$$AA who only cares about one sport didn't want to change things for the other sports. Only football will change. They wanted to keep 6 classes so the kids had more opportunity to win championships. I guess the kids in basketball and baseball don't really matter since we only have 3 champions.

If Alcoa's student numbers are single A then I was under the impression that they could move down in a two year window, isn't there a rule about that? Any way basketball will always take a back seat to football unless you live in Indiana, Kentucky, Chicago or New York. Practice starts in 2 weeks, getting excited. Edited by QSouth89

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think the reclassification involves basketball.  For instance Catholic would move to 5A football but still play 2A basketball.  Alcoa may drop down for football and stay in 2A in basketball.  The reason is we are more than likely going to have a private/public split so the T$$AA who only cares about one sport didn't want to change things for the other sports.  Only football will change.  They wanted to keep 6 classes so the kids had more opportunity to win championships.  I guess the kids in basketball and baseball don't really matter since we only have 3 champions.

FLMS I stand corrected, there will be no changing of Olympic sports for two years.  I'm curious how they plan on realigning the districts in two more years.