District 4AA 2014-15

QSouth89

I remember the Marsh name being synonymous with Alcoa basketball back in the day. Do you know a guy named Ryan Mcrae? Went to Alcoa and played for them a few years ago. I work with him at the airport.

Heard the name, but I've never met Ryan (although I'm sure many alumni would remember him). Yes, Marsh was the first name that came to mind when Alcoa basketball came up. David Marsh coached Alcoa to 7 state tourneys, including 3 final fours and a championship appearance, back when his nephew (and coaching successor) Micah Marsh played. He also coached our current head coach Joel Kirk in the mid-90's. Our student section was nicknamed the Marsh Pit for many years.

Heard the name, but I've never met Ryan (although I'm sure many alumni would remember him). Yes, Marsh was the first name that came to mind when Alcoa basketball came up. David Marsh coached Alcoa to 7 state tourneys, including 3 final fours and a championship appearance, back when his nephew (and coaching successor) Micah Marsh played. He also coached our current head coach Joel Kirk in the mid-90's. Our student section was nicknamed the Marsh Pit for many years.

Y'all won state around the same times we did. We won it in 61 & 63. Should've won it last year too grrr

Y'all won state around the same times we did. We won it in 61 & 63. Should've won it last year too grrr

I was really hoping y'all would win. I kept up with it online, but yeah based on what I saw, OR should have. Oh well, it's a new season.

Yep, we won our titles in '59 and '67 and finished runner-up in '65, '82, and '92. When Alcoa and OR won our titles, there were no classifications like there are now. It was everyone vs. everyone.

I was really hoping y'all would win. I kept up with it online, but yeah based on what I saw, OR should have. Oh well, it's a new season.

Yep, we won our titles in '59 and '67 and finished runner-up in '65, '82, and '92. When Alcoa and OR won our titles, there were no classifications like there are now. It was everyone vs. everyone.

Very true. Much tougher in those days to win it all.

Now it is called the House Tony Jones Built! LOL

Sounds like a good game (I wasn't born yet LOL). That would have been the next-to-last or last season for our Hall of Fame coach Vernon Osborne.

Coach Kirk told me he wants to get Oak Ridge back on the schedule in the near future. He loves to schedule powerhouses. :thumb:

Wasn't born yet?  I was 17 and a junior in high school in Chicago.  I feel old.

We got to Cumberland Gap and the girls had enough time to change, stretch, warm-up and win an overtime game. The boys pulled out a 61-49 victory as well.

Plenty of time to spare, I see. Based on this, the KC boys will be very dangerous this year as long as everyone stays healthy. It also helps that the football players more time this year to get in basketball mode.