District 4AA 2014-15

QSouth89

He and Butts are both dangerous. You can't leave anyone from CAKe open, and Hunter Reynolds is no exception.

AlcoaBasketball, I read on the football thread that Alcoa is considering dropping down to 2A next year. You guys really want to play single A hoops? If you do move what district will you play in 4A (with Coalfield, Jellico, Oakdale, Oliver Springs, Oneida, Sunbright, and Wartburg) or 3A (Grace, Greenback, Harriman, Meigs Co, Midway, Rockwood, and Tellico Plains) my guess would be 3A. Edited by QSouth89

AlcoaBasketball, I read on the football thread that Alcoa is considering dropping down to 2A next year. You guys really want to play single A hoops? If you do move what district will you play in 4A (with Coalfield, Jellico, Oakdale, Oliver Springs, Oneida, Sunbright, and Wartburg) or 3A (Grace, Greenback, Harriman, Meigs Co, Rockwood, and Tellico Plains) Either one will be some traveling.

Lord knows. I'm not sure we'll be going anywhere really.

I've heard all kinds of stories about this. I've heard the reclassification was for football only and all other sports will stay as they are. I've also heard that it would put us in Single-A, so truth be told, I'm not sure what/who to believe. If I had to guess, I'd say District 4A.

Lord knows. I'm not sure we'll be going anywhere really.

I've heard all kinds of stories about this. I've heard the reclassification was for football only and all other sports will stay as they are. I've also heard that it would put us in Single-A, so truth be told, I'm not sure what/who to believe. If I had to guess, I'd say District 4A.

If I'm not mistaken in football 1A/2A is single A in all other sports, 3A/4A is Double A and 5A/6A is Triple A, a move to 2A would be Single A in hoops. Would Kirk really want to play in 4A? With trips to Wartburg, Coalfied and Oneida. I would think 3A, then you play teams like Grace, Meigs and Harriman. Closer more competitive games. That would put our district at 4 teams (OUCH) unless Loudon or another team was moved over. Edited by QSouth89

If I'm not mistaken in football 1A/2A is single A in all other sports, 3A/4A is Double A and 5A/6A is Triple A, a move to 2A would be Single A in hoops. Would Kirk really want to play in 4A? With trips to Wartburg, Coalfied and Oneida. I would think 3A, then you play teams like Grace, Meigs and Harriman. Closer more competitive games. That would put our district at 4 teams (OUCH) unless Loudon or another team was moved over.

Under the current system, 1A/2A football is Single-A. Idk if that will carry over to the new system next year though. You know more than me at this point. LOL

As for wanting to play in 4A, well, Kirk will play where our enrollment puts us and just deal with it. I don't think he's worried about it either way.

Edited by AlcoaBasketball

Under the current system, 1A/2A football is Single-A. Idk if that will carry over to the new system next year though. You know more than me at this point. LOL

As for wanting to play in 4A, well, Kirk will play where our enrollment puts us and just deal with it. I don't think he's worried about it either way.

I'd hate to see you guys go, but you have to do what's best for your program.

I'd hate to see you guys go, but you have to do what's best for your program.

I think we should have been in the same district all along myself, but the T$$AA (and Jody Wright) wouldn't do it until last year.

I guess we better cherish what could possibly be our final district games against each other this year. I hope we keep you all on the schedule even if we do split up. The Irish have a lot of up-and-coming talent for the next few years at least.

Bittersweet times this year.

I think we should have been in the same district all along myself, but the T$$AA (and Jody Wright) wouldn't do it until last year.

I guess we better cherish what could possibly be our final district games against each other this year. I hope we keep you all on the schedule even if we do split up. The Irish have a lot of up-and-coming talent for the next few years at least.

Bittersweet times this year.

Hutch wants to keep Alcoa on the schedule, I guess it's up to Kirk

I don't think the reclassification involves basketball.  For instance Catholic would move to 5A football but still play 2A basketball.  Alcoa may drop down for football and stay in 2A in basketball.  The reason is we are more than likely going to have a private/public split so the T$$AA who only cares about one sport didn't want to change things for the other sports.  Only football will change.  They wanted to keep 6 classes so the kids had more opportunity to win championships.  I guess the kids in basketball and baseball don't really matter since we only have 3 champions.

I don't think the reclassification involves basketball. For instance Catholic would move to 5A football but still play 2A basketball. Alcoa may drop down for football and stay in 2A in basketball. The reason is we are more than likely going to have a private/public split so the T$$AA who only cares about one sport didn't want to change things for the other sports. Only football will change. They wanted to keep 6 classes so the kids had more opportunity to win championships. I guess the kids in basketball and baseball don't really matter since we only have 3 champions.

Football wins out, all day any day. So sad for the kids.

I wonder if it'd be best for schools like CAK and Catholic to secede from the T$$AA. A lot would have to come into play, but nothing would surprise me at this point.