District 4AA 2014-15

QSouth89

I can speak a little to this system. I started going back to CC to watch bball when they started running this system. It was fun to watch the first time through the schedule. But the second time around teams did a lot of things to slow it down. ie: putting a player at table to check in after fts so they can't just throw it in. Four back on fts etc...... It's fun to watch, but good teams will make the adjustments and win these games on easy twos , fts, and solid defense. It wears on the kids too. By seasons end they are out of gas. It's a gimmick to hide a lot of problems you have with your team. That's really it.

All due respect Carolina but your assessment is seen thru a conventional way of looking at it...to re-quote you "good teams will make adjustments and win these games...........Gatlinburg-Pittman, Fulton, Alcoa, Cak, Scott, Unicoi were all good teams!!!! 

All due respect Carolina but your assessment is seen thru a conventional way of looking at it...to re-quote you "good teams will make adjustments and win these games...........Gatlinburg-Pittman, Fulton, Alcoa, Cak, Scott, Unicoi were all good teams!!!!

Well I'm a conventional kinda guy. It's a gimmick, plain and simple. The last two local coaches that tried this style are no longer employed at their schools. It's not sustainable for the long haul. I like to see it from time to time, but a team scores 114 points and loses? That's a gimmick. I mean it's his team, he can do what he wants, but it sounds like he's got a couple kids that can fill it up, but probably aren't defensively or fundamentally sound. I'll watch it, but I'd rather see two teams play solid defense. That's all. No offense intended.

Well I'm a conventional kinda guy. It's a gimmick, plain and simple. The last two local coaches that tried this style are no longer employed at their schools. It's not sustainable for the long haul. I like to see it from time to time, but a team scores 114 points and loses? That's a gimmick. I mean it's his team, he can do what he wants, but it sounds like he's got a couple kids that can fill it up, but probably aren't defensively or fundamentally sound. I'll watch it, but I'd rather see two teams play solid defense. That's all. No offense intended.

None taken....I don't have a dime in this bet but I will say this........back in the 80"s mouse davis came up with the run-n-shoot offense in football and all the "Conventional ....3 yds and a cloud of dust"nay sayers said you couldn't win with it....my, my look what everybody is going to now...."Spread offense"...athletes in space.....look at the college game today...uptempo...spread the floor and create...Carolina you will see the light sooner or later....you probably subscribe to the idea offense wins games, defense wins championships...that is the most ludicrous statement ever made....2 teams play great defense and nobody scores, nobody wins....offense has to be the deciding factor....if offense wins games it wins championships....besides you ask the avg fan out there if they would rather pay to see a 32-30 game or a 102-100 game and we both know that answer.....by the by....Carter led by 14 in the Hardin Valley game and made some mistakes on both sides of the ball late....pg fouled out and missed assignments...they are good but still developing a young bench......"NO OFFENSE" but get your facts straight...they should have won that game from what I was told....

None taken....I don't have a dime in this bet but I will say this........back in the 80"s mouse davis came up with the run-n-shoot offense in football and all the "Conventional ....3 yds and a cloud of dust"nay sayers said you couldn't win with it....my, my look what everybody is going to now...."Spread offense"...athletes in space.....look at the college game today...uptempo...spread the floor and create...Carolina you will see the light sooner or later....you probably subscribe to the idea offense wins games, defense wins championships...that is the most ludicrous statement ever made....2 teams play great defense and nobody scores, nobody wins....offense has to be the deciding factor....if offense wins games it wins championships....besides you ask the avg fan out there if they would rather pay to see a 32-30 game or a 102-100 game and we both know that answer.....by the by....Carter led by 14 in the Hardin Valley game and made some mistakes on both sides of the ball late....pg fouled out and missed assignments...they are good but still developing a young bench......"NO OFFENSE" but get your facts straight...they should have won that game from what I was told....

I'm a believer of defense wins games.  Greeneville found a way to slow the Hornets down at state last year and a first round exit,  Scoring brings fans, but defense wins games.  However it is entertaining to watch.

After asking around found out Carter has the most talented first 5 in AA in E Tn. Looking at there schedule they may have very well lost their one an only game the season. Schedule to say the least is weak. District way down. Traditional powers AE and Fulton down and PF GP and Union Co in good years are average at best. Carter will sweep the district during regular season. Out of district games bring no real challenges. Played Coalfield?

Problems will be lack of depth and keeping starters fresh for a run at the end of the season. One injury could be devastating.

At the state level different story. If they run with Memphis teams they get blown out of gym. And yes other teams will limit their pocession and frustrate them let last year. Long term don't think system will bring long term success.

But this year they will be the talk of the town.

Back to 4 AA. Catholic CAK and Alcoa. Be thankful Carter is in other district.

I'm a believer of defense wins games.  Greeneville found a way to slow the Hornets down at state last year and a first round exit,  Scoring brings fans, but defense wins games.  However it is entertaining to watch.

Once again you are off with the facts....Greenville was down 7 late and carter"s 2-guard was 0-11......Carter should have won that game...I was at that game.....Don't tell Gatlinburg defense wins championships...don't tell Scott defense wins Championships...don't tell Unicoi or CAK all beaten by this Carter style that defense wins Championships.....Greenville did not slow down Carter........they still were running....it seems to be an equalizer of styles....gimmick...no....relentless.....yes......flex could be deemed a gimmick...any offense can be deemed a gimmick.....it's what works and is executed....but this style Carter runs is also the ultimate equalizer.....

After asking around found out Carter has the most talented first 5 in AA in E Tn. Looking at there schedule they may have very well lost their one an only game the season. Schedule to say the least is weak. District way down. Traditional powers AE and Fulton down and PF GP and Union Co in good years are average at best. Carter will sweep the district during regular season. Out of district games bring no real challenges. Played Coalfield?

Problems will be lack of depth and keeping starters fresh for a run at the end of the season. One injury could be devastating.

At the state level different story. If they run with Memphis teams they get blown out of gym. And yes other teams will limit their pocession and frustrate them let last year. Long term don't think system will bring long term success.

But this year they will be the talk of the town.

Back to 4 AA. Catholic CAK and Alcoa. Be thankful Carter is in other district.

Catholic's sophomore class is very talented  (Luke Smith is averaging 25 ppg, Chase Kuershcen, Davari Reeder, and Tony Scott are all double digit scorers, Senior Jordan Anderson averages 16 ppg. Throw in Amari Rodgers (recovering from two seperated shoulder injuries last year) and the development of 6'4 post Dawson Anderson has been a welcomed addition since Austen Rhoades was injured. Those sophomores at Catholic, all play on the same AAU team (they beat the national champions Team Penny out of Memphis in a game this year) and they've played against some the best players in the nation not just Tennessee. They won't be intimated by Carter if they play in a region game (not saying they would win, but won't back down). Injuries ravaged their team last year and once the football players get their hoops legs under them, expectations will be high. Alcoa and CAK has some young talent as well and some very good coaches.  Fulton is still Fulton so they will have a lot to say about winning district 3AA. 

Edited by QSouth89