District 4AA 2014-15

QSouth89

Catholic lost a tough one to Webb Friday night 50-45. Catholic held Webb to 2 FG in the second half but Webb made 13 free throws in the 2nd half 25 total for the game. The Irish were called for 8 charges.....ouch. The game was Catholic 6th road game of year and it doesn't stop there. Up next another road game at Stewart's Creek in Smyrna

Catholic lost a tough one to Webb Friday night 50-45. Catholic held Webb to 2 FG in the second half but Webb made 13 free throws in the 2nd half 25 total for the game. The Irish were called for 8 charges.....ouch. The game was Catholic 6th road game of year and it doesn't stop there. Up next another road game at Stewart's Creek in Smyrna

Wow! They might not be as successful, but they play in the same district as Siegel and Blackman, so they'll surely play tough. Rutherford County is never short on talent. Good luck down there!!

Wow! They might not be as successful, but they play in the same district as Siegel and Blackman, so they'll surely play tough. Rutherford County is never short on talent. Good luck down there!!

The game at Webb will prepare us for how the officiating will go. We expect 8 more charges on made baskets lol. The kids have exams this week so practice will be interesting to say the least.

Sounds like some home cooking. 8 charges is almost unheard of.

It never helps that Webb uses a different association. The situation was made worse given that on two of the calls, one official had a block, the other a charge and even worse several of the questionable calls were made the official that is a Catholic parent. OOPS I didn't think there were 8 charges but most were good calls given that we drive in out of control. Bottom line you shoot 12/51 you're not going to beat many people.

It never helps that Webb uses a different association. The situation was made worse given that on two of the calls, one official had a block, the other a charge and even worse several of the questionable calls were made the official that is a Catholic parent. OOPS I didn't think there were 8 charges but most were good calls given that we drive in out of control. Bottom line you shoot 12/51 you're not going to beat many people.

Well, I'm certainly not looking forward to going there in January now. Geez. LOL!!

Alcoa played their hearts out tonight against Bearden. We may have lost a heartbreaker 56-55, but this team looks better every time they play.

Next up, district opener at Kingbston on Thursday night.

Alcoa played an undefeated Bearden team who had been mauling teams and took them down to the wire tonight. Good job by the Tornadoes. They will only improve.

Edited by SweetScience

Alcoa played an undefeated Bearden team who had been mauling teams and took them down to the wire tonight. Good job by the Tornadoes. They will only improve.

I was surprised myself tonight, I must admit. District play and February is what counts though, and games like this will prepare us for that.

Good to see that Oak Ridge is back to being Oak Ridge again, record wise anyway (both girls and boys).

I was surprised myself tonight, I must admit. District play and February is what counts though, and games like this will prepare us for that.

Good to see that Oak Ridge is back to being Oak Ridge again, record wise anyway (both girls and boys).

Yeah AB the boys are really young this year (tons of sophomores getting a lot of playing time) and we're 12-0 for only the 4th time in school history. The next few years are going to be fun if you're a Wildcat fan. The competition will take a big step up this weekend as we go to Johnson City and play SH and DB in back 2 back nights. Will be a huge test for our young team, but will only help us in the long run. The girls are really young too and look to be having a really good season so far. Reminding me of the Jill Prudden glory days. Coach Scott is a Prudden disciple and a great coach for the girls. Freshmen Mykia Dowdell is having a whail of a season so far. Scored 25 again tonight. By the time she is a SR she may be a D1 prospect.

Yeah AB the boys are really young this year (tons of sophomores getting a lot of playing time) and we're 12-0 for only the 4th time in school history. The next few years are going to be fun if you're a Wildcat fan. The competition will take a big step up this weekend as we go to Johnson City and play SH and DB in back 2 back nights. Will be a huge test for our young team, but will only help us in the long run. The girls are really young too and look to be having a really good season so far. Reminding me of the Jill Prudden glory days. Coach Scott is a Prudden disciple and a great coach for the girls. Freshmen Mykia Dowdell is having a whail of a season so far. Scored 25 again tonight. By the time she is a SR she may be a D1 prospect.

We're in the same situation in terms of a head coach. We promoted a disciple of David and Micah Marsh, that of course being Joel Kirk. He's also having to reestablish our bonds with Alcoa alumni after Tony Jones ticked them all off.

Daniel Brimer, Brenden Teeter and Braxton Dockery are all seniors, but I'm pretty sure they're the only seniors. We rotate a lot of sophomores and freshmen throughout the games. And Garrett Anderson is the only junior on the team.

We'll get deeper as the younger players mature too, so Alcoa will be back soon.

I hope to get Oak Ridge back on the schedule soon, too, because Kirk wants to schedule y'all. That'd be a fun game to watch.

We're in the same situation in terms of a head coach. We promoted a disciple of David and Micah Marsh, that of course being Joel Kirk. He's also having to reestablish our bonds with Alcoa alumni after Tony Jones ticked them all off.

Daniel Brimer, Brenden Teeter and Braxton Dockery are all seniors, but I'm pretty sure they're the only seniors. We rotate a lot of sophomores and freshmen throughout the games. And Garrett Anderson is the only junior on the team.

We'll get deeper as the younger players mature too, so Alcoa will be back soon.

I hope to get Oak Ridge back on the schedule soon, too, because Kirk wants to schedule y'all. That'd be a fun game to watch.

Yeah having youth like y'all and us have you're going to take your lumps along the way, but if bodes very well for the future of both teams. I predict we will lose one of 2 games this weekend. Heck, we may lose both, but I am excited about this team. Only 1 senior (Ted Mitchell) on the whole team. Lots of things to be excited about. I'd love to play Alcoa again. Both teams have great traditions and that would be a great rivalry I think. I also wouldn't mind seeing us play in football one of these years.

Edited by SweetScience