East Robertson Jamboree 2014 - Aug 15

Shep

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got one that came out the game hobbling. Not sure of his status. What went down in your game with WC? Are they that good or did NCS not want to show much? We most ran the ball tonight, not much passing.

We did not look good at all.  But it was mostly caused by WC's OL and DL controlling the line of scrimmage.  They were in our backfield a lot.  We were very vanilla and our #1 RB did not play on offense.  In a complete game (kicking, etc) it would be quite a battle.

I went to the Jamboree last night...

I was pleased with JB's play.  The defense played really well and will only get better.  Offensively we made some great plays in the passing game and had a couple good runs.  The strength of the team is the line play and their passing game.  JB will definitely be a tough out for many teams by the end of the year.  I'd say the thing that's most lacking is a powerful run game.  We're solid in that area but to make a really deep run in the playoffs you've got to have that.  

I'll also give my opinion on East Robertson and Clarksville Academy since this is a 1A thread.

I'll make it short and sweet on ER...they will struggle again this year.  They didn't do much on either side of the ball.

As for CA, I thought they looked pretty good (except for those helmets lol).  CA was really quick and at times executed really well.  Last night they made too many mistakes but those can be corrected.  If they can play mistake free football and execute their offense like they did at times last night, they'll also be a tough out for many teams.  The thing they're lacking is size, especially up front.  Of course I'm biased so I think JB is better but I wouldn't say they are a lot better, just better.

We did not look good at all. But it was mostly caused by WC's OL and DL controlling the line of scrimmage. They were in our backfield a lot. We were very vanilla and our #1 RB did not play on offense. In a complete game (kicking, etc) it would be quite a battle.

I think both teams held back and didn't show too much and both teams didn't play their #1 running back, WC us just fortunate to have two more backs that are just as good. As for the kicking game WC has a great return guy in Mathis, can't wait to see him return some kicks, he's explosive in the open field!

I went to the Jamboree last night...

I was pleased with JB's play. The defense played really well and will only get better. Offensively we made some great plays in the passing game and had a couple good runs. The strength of the team is the line play and their passing game. JB will definitely be a tough out for many teams by the end of the year. I'd say the thing that's most lacking is a powerful run game. We're solid in that area but to make a really deep run in the playoffs you've got to have that.

I'll also give my opinion on East Robertson and Clarksville Academy since this is a 1A thread.

I'll make it short and sweet on ER...they will struggle again this year. They didn't do much on either side of the ball.

As for CA, I thought they looked pretty good (except for those helmets lol). CA was really quick and at times executed really well. Last night they made too many mistakes but those can be corrected. If they can play mistake free football and execute their offense like they did at times last night, they'll also be a tough out for many teams. The thing they're lacking is size, especially up front. Of course I'm biased so I think JB is better but I wouldn't say they are a lot better, just better.

Good to hear JB is doing good, best of luck to y'all this season!