The Tornadoes Storm into Pioneer Country. UC VS Gibson County

BigSwo

I am so glad to get this season under way. UC travels to GC for a season opening rumble next Friday night. With what I saw from my Tornadoes at the Jamboree tonight the Pioneers better be ready to play. If not. .......it will be over very early. We must play at the top of our game. Compete Play Physical and Limit Fumbles. Go Tornadoes.

What say ye?

I am so glad to get this season under way. UC travels to GC for a season opening rumble next Friday night. With what I saw from my Tornadoes at the Jamboree tonight the Pioneers better be ready to play. If not. .......it will be over very early. We must play at the top of our game. Compete Play Physical and Limit Fumbles. Go Tornadoes.

What say ye?

What was the score???

The final was 21 - 7 according to Jackson Sun and a buddy of mine who was there.  Union City had some main starters not even dressed and will not  dress them against Gibson County either.

You are correct. I don't know why I posted 21-14. The only real way D-burg moved the ball after thier first drive was by UC committing stupid penalties.

The final was 21 - 7 according to Jackson Sun and a buddy of mine who was there.  Union City had some main starters not even dressed and will not  dress them against Gibson County either

Starters (3 all staters from last year) are back for this week.  Score was 21-7.  Doubt Dyersburg held anything back in the game - they were the host school in the featured game opening a new field and stadium and jumbotron.  Impressive facilities for sure. 

I have watched Union City play several times over the years. I do not like them at all. LOL. This is the best Union City team that I have seen in my lifetime. If they fall short of winning it all, it will be one of the biggest disappointments in that schools sports history. It's hard for me to give props to them but they are that good. Now, I have to go wash my mouth out with soap and try and forget I said that. LOL   

Lc1958 Come on my brother. We will let you wear a purple and gold shirt and a hat to match. Lol . Don't hate on us like that. Thank you for saying what you did even though it tasted bad. I have the same feeling about Florida and Bama. I don't know what to say about last night because I don't know how good D-burg actually is. We could have beaten a struggling team. But I will say that we looked in top form. I'm inclined to agree with you on the best team ever. We just need to keep getting better. See you down the road. Go Tornadoes

Lc1958 Come on my brother. We will let you wear a purple and gold shirt and a hat to match. Lol . Don't hate on us like that. Thank you for saying what you did even though it tasted bad. I have the same feeling about Florida and Bama. I don't know what to say about last night because I don't know how good D-burg actually is. We could have beaten a struggling team. But I will say that we looked in top form. I'm inclined to agree with you on the best team ever. We just need to keep getting better. See you down the road. Go Tornadoes

Dyersburg lost several starters from last year but they have a ton of athletes. They are fairly young but even with that said that was one impressive showing by UC. Man, now I have to wash my mouth out with soap again. LOL . I wished LC had showed up last night but that is another story. We will see you guys down the road.

Edited by lakecounty1968